• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher not coming to Carolina

Jackofalltrades

I still can't get myself buying into the idea that Fox is "holding back" his coordinators. I mean, what type of NFL head coach wouldn't dictate a certain style of offense and defense and try to get people that are wililng to implement it? Now, if Fox is the type of person that dictates but doesn't listen to input from his coordinators and staff, then that's a problem in my mind. Since I don't have sources myself, all I can do is speculate and wait until after someone from the organization slips out how things were run (for example, Gantt's article on how Fox started coming into defensive meetings when we still had Trgo and the players saying that he has never done that before).

As for Davidson as potential HC, I really don't feel good about that. Not sure why, may just be a gut feeling that he won't be able to handle the job.

Now, whatever happens with the staff going into next year, I think there is only one person that we can universally agree on that has NO defense on why he should be here next season:

[ATTACH]31960[/ATTACH]

No offense to the guy personally but I don't care if our coach next year is Fox, Cowher, or some bum off the street, please find a new special teams coordinator! :frown2:

For a long time I couldn't either. I defended Fox and blamed the coordinators. I doubt anyone will say it outright to the media, but I can say that I heard a conversation in frustration which suggests that not only does Fox control the gameplanning but he frequently overrules plays coming in from the sidelines. The first is understandable, the second is surprising and suggests micromanagement during the game which is far more than what I had heard before.

It has made me rethink my position about who is at fault in all this. Again I profess no insider info or expertise but for my money I have changed my position and don't support Fox anymore. And it isn't based on speculation and hate but new information which runs counter to what I could verify in the past.

i haven't seen any of that from davidson. meeks.....yeah, i've seen it but not from davidson.

just not sure where you get that from.

i would be much more in favor of meeks getting the job and even then, i'm not so sure its a good idea.

I don't know him personally but everything I have been told suggests he is an aggressive tough guy who demands that from his players. For me that is what Fox had when he got here that he has lost. BTW I wouldn't be unhappy with Meeks either if we could find an aggressive blitzing kind of guy to take over the defense

Liked by players = Smitty screaming his lungs out at him after a poo call?

Unless you were there you have no idea the context and whether it was something in the course of the game, personal. or otherwise. Instead of I AM GOD, perhaps you should go with MEGALOMANIA WITH ONLY A CLUE

No relapse this season. It was a legit medical thing and there hasn't been any reoccurance since then. It was the rx he was one that actually caused the problem.

Hmm... Do you know if the team questions his effort? Obviously Beason did but I would imagine some guys would keep quiet since Peppers is a panther vet.

]

1) despite many rumors and concerns I revealed that Kris Jenkins was in great shape coming into what would be his last TC in Charlotte.

2) I know and have shared with a trusted few what was really wrong with Peppers on his down season

3) I told everyone DJ Hackett would sign here 4 days before he signed, the source was his agent- Drew Rosenhaus is cool to talk to as well

4) confirmed Jakes finger fracture

1. Not a scoop. Either an educated guess or you had seen him around town looking better.

2. :rofl: Why can't we know then oh wise one? No proof of this either.

3. No proof.

4. This Jake finger thing is complete garbage. Kobe laid 42 on the Bulls last night with a broken finger, yet Jake is mysteriously out for at least three weeks now with a broken finger that didn't look swollen in the slightest in pictures and he never recoiled in pain during the play in question?

Try harder.

This Jake finger thing is complete garbage. Kobe laid 42 on the Bulls last night with a broken finger, yet Jake is mysteriously out for at least three weeks now with a broken finger that didn't look swollen in the slightest in pictures and he never recoiled in pain during the play in question?

Bad comparison, gripping and throwing a football is a totally different thing from dribbling and shooting a basketball. It's clear to me (as it should be to you) that in general it would be much more difficult to grip and throw a football then it would to handle a basketball. It also depends of the kind of break and the location... all broken fingers are not created equally.

It's sad to say, but I think to the broken finger thing must be legit because otherwise I suspect Fox would keep sending Jake out there. He's watched Jake make a total mockery of the QB position for weeks, why would he wait to make a change now when the season is lost?

1. Not a scoop. Either an educated guess or you had seen him around town looking better.

2. :rofl: Why can't we know then oh wise one? No proof of this either.

3. No proof.

4. This Jake finger thing is complete garbage. Kobe laid 42 on the Bulls last night with a broken finger, yet Jake is mysteriously out for at least three weeks now with a broken finger that didn't look swollen in the slightest in pictures and he never recoiled in pain during the play in question?

Try harder.

1. You're right, but fact remains I was the only one here with that info and, as usual, I was proven correct.

2. Again, HIPPA says I can't say crap without risking my certification and the credentials of my sources. Not a risk worth taking to satisfy the likes of you.

3. Credibilty is often used in leau of proof, it's kind of it's nature.

4. Shooting a round basketball with a broken finger and playing WB in the NFL where a measure of precision and accuracy is required are two completely different animals.

You're going to have to dig a little deeper man. However, I don't care if you believe me, the truth will be known shortly and I'm confident that my information, again as usual, will be correct.

If you have nothing to do, other than half witted attempts at disproving speculation based your extensive knowledge perhaps you should find a hobby, or buy a dog. Being the malcontent you are will only lead you to ruin.

Hmm... Do you know if the team questions his effort? Obviously Beason did but I would imagine some guys would keep quiet since Peppers is a panther vet.

I think Beason's comments reflected the broad sentiment of the team in general. It's easy to see his performance, or lack there of. No one has said anything to me, but I haven't talked to any players in several months. I'll see if I can find anything out, but I would imagine it's a touchy subject right now.

I also believe that Davidson is restricted by Fox, nothing has changed with our offense through two coordinators.

Fox's philosophy is old and as outdated as his quarter back.

Fox has been the constant and this team is still average.

If Davidson is truly bad Fox is still to blame for hiring all his crappy coordinators.(how does Crossman still have a job)

Get rid of Fox, fix the problem.

So a friend of mine who is a huge Cowboy fans, knows people within the organization and just flew back from the SD game tells me that Bill Cowher is very likely to be the next Cowboy coach and that Phillips, regardless of how the season plays out is done.

I consider him a very reliable source and have no problem seeing this happening.

Next.

Sounds right....If Cowher is just looking for a payday then Jerry Jones has the cash to satisfy. I believe this too. I also believe that Cowher has the drive to become the first coach to win 2 bowls with 2 different teams... It will cost Big Cat 15 mill next year if Cowher is coaching in Carolina in 2010....thats alot of money, but he's not shy about coughing up big bucks for bad deals... Should be interesting.

So a friend of mine who is a huge Cowboy fans, knows people within the organization and just flew back from the SD game tells me that Bill Cowher is very likely to be the next Cowboy coach and that Phillips, regardless of how the season plays out is done.

I consider him a very reliable source and have no problem seeing this happening.

Cowher wants complete control. Jones will never give it to him.

Archived