• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ's return up in the air

MechaZain

I'm a little bit torn on this. PJ is a good role player we could still use and in theory he has upside but I highly highly doubt he ever comes close to reaching that upside from what we've seen so far. Some games though he is just so incredibly bad and invisible that makes me think it'll be fine moving on from him. Miles is definitely much better on the court than PJ and has the LaMelo connection so I understand picking him over PJ for those reasons. The off court stuff made it more of a decision but in a league so void of talent, you really do have to take a chance on Miles like we have if that's the position you're in.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, t96 said:

I'm a little bit torn on this. PJ is a good role player we could still use and in theory he has upside but I highly highly doubt he ever comes close to reaching that upside from what we've seen so far. Some games though he is just so incredibly bad and invisible that makes me think it'll be fine moving on from him. Miles is definitely much better on the court than PJ and has the LaMelo connection so I understand picking him over PJ for those reasons. The off court stuff made it more of a decision but in a league so void of talent, you really do have to take a chance on Miles like we have if that's the position you're in.

I’m in the same spot as you. It just feels like there are way too many games where he essentially is a no show. His floor should be much higher at this point.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Martin said:

I’m in the same spot as you. It just feels like there are way too many games where he essentially is a no show. His floor should be much higher at this point.

He's basically a 3&D stretch pf. I don't think he has star in his game. He's basically a solid role player nothing more than that.

23 hours ago, t96 said:

I think we should move on from PJ, who   will probably always be nothing more than a role player and can be easy  replaced.

• Pie 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:55 AM, t96 said:

I like him too. Nice depth piece but we need him to be a star PF now. I think that ship has sailed unfortunately because he had to hold it down at center for so long.

• Pie 2

On 8/9/2023 at 7:21 PM, Shocker said:

PJ is a really nice player IMO.  No way I over pay for his services but he is still young and has a really nice game.  I hope we keep him at the right price

Sounds like he's going to sign his restricted tenure. Mans couldn't find anyone that wanted him.