• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m just glad we aren’t going to have to deal with questions about who is the starter if Bryce has a rough series or two in his first ever NFL game. 

Exactly. We actually have a staff that is going to let our rookie develop even if he struggles early.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I get the excuses for Stroud, they’re valid. What I don’t get, is how Corral went through the exact same thing last preseason, if not a worse situation (running for his life behind an awful o-line, worst coaching staff in the league, very few offseason reps) and yet a sizable contingent on these boards were pretty unforgiving and wrote him off as clearly not belonging in the league.

It's pretty simple really. It's from fans of qbs the Panthers didn't draft.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

No one thought Corral looked good though, even his mother. If people are defensive about someone questioning his performance they maybe aren’t looking at it honestly.  

He’ll have his chance (look at the number of ‘I thought he was out of the league’ QBs still on a roster).
Besides, I have this perverted fantasy that something will happen with Young and Corral gets in and pulls a win out of a lost cause and all of a sudden QB controversy - 3rd round scrub vs #1 golden boy. That would be some solid gold message board entertainment right there, I bet a ton of people would instantly hate him. Or hate themselves for liking him… or something like that. 

Edited by stratocatter

It'll be a short, but entertaining appearance by Holton. Started with a fumbled snap on the first play but was able to recover it. Had two big scrambles. Then threw a prayer while under pressure that turned into a TD, Thanks to a great play by the receiver Matt Landers. With 2 minutes left, Ahlers is 4-4, 43 yards, TD. 3 rushes for 29 yards.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1