• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

Just now, rayzor said:

How is this not the OL he's going to have in regular season? Did they start 2nd stringers?

That's an odd thing to do to your spanking new qb.  I could see putting 1 second stringer on the line to test him with the starters. But to put the entire 2nd string out there for your supposed starting qb seems a bit risky and counterproductive to said qbs development.  

• Pie 4

44 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Texans about to find out real soon why you need a Oline for a young QB.

Im so thankful we finally built an above average Oline. Bryce definitely has a better supporting cast than Stroud right now.

I’m so dam thankful we have a above average line.

52 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

His Oline not doing him any favors.

50 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The line was giving him no time prior to that pick, hope his nerves settle

If you rewatch that interception on YouTube a few times he had time on that pass it was just a bad throw he’s line wasn’t holding up throughout the game but that play specifically was all on him not nitpicking but just thinking you can’t put that on the line it’s on him. He didn’t see the defender plain and simple happens to all qbs especially younger qbs hopefully Bryce sees things much clearer then that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I’ve never understood why defensive head coaches, especially rookies, hire first time OC’s.

Stroud looked awful, from not playing the starting Oline, to looking like he had no coaching beforehand, wtf are the Texans coaching staff doing?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Asaria said:

I’ve never understood why defensive head coaches, especially rookies, hire first time OC’s.

Stroud looked awful, from not playing the starting Oline, to looking like he had no coaching beforehand, wtf are the Texans coaching staff doing?

I think the Texans are just gonna Texan. They seem destined to fug up. And yes, I know those are some pretty big rocks I'm chucking around inside this Panthers fandom glass house. 😂

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I saw a couple of shots on twitter, and in one he starred the guy down, in the other he was super later to a hole in the zone.  

The big knock on him was being able to process the information on the field.  Did he throw with any touch, timing or anticipation?  CJ has the tools to be a great QB, and I was all for him before we traded up to 1.  I don't want to see him fail (if for no other reason to be a successful OSU QB just so people stop making that argument).  He also seems like a nice kid (like most rookies) so you root for them.

Houston should not have him start if he's not ready.  You'll ruin him.  Look, let Davis Mills start until things slow down for CJ.  In those two shots, he looked like a deer in the headlights.  

I completely agree he needs time to sit back and learn. He really needs time to see the game study from the sideline it takes a qb time especially one who doesn’t process things as quickly as per say Bryce. 

7 minutes ago, Asaria said:

Yeah, the pick was dumb, but why were they running a 15 yard comeback route on 3rd and 20 something? Tank coulda just kept going on a go route and beat that CB yolo it's preseason

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A risk I didn't anticipate when they didn't put Stroud back in... that Mills would actually look really good.

9/12 for 99 yards and a TD.

He has 26 starts under his belt already. I had no clue he had played that much football. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1