• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick reminder about preseason

Zod

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Was Hekker actually good? Seemed like he was barely kicking today in person.  Wonder what his average distance per punt was. Almost like they were scared of our coverage team to do its job. 

long punt of 60, average including return was 46+ which takes into account out-kicking his coverage twice

Edited by Carl Spackler

I just hope this was the reality check this team needed. Maybe now they will understand that as good of a coaching staff as this is, and as good of a roster this has the potential to be, they will have to work for it. Nothing is going to be handed to them for free this year they're going to have to earn it from the top down. Hopefully they understand that now. Thankfully it was week 1 of the preseason and not week 1 of the regular season we still have some time to get things ironed out.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

If the Panthers are going to play Matt at QB most the game they really should get him some time in practice in 11 on 11. He only getting a few reps in practice, it's like 85% BY, 10% AD, 5% MC from what I have heard.

We was still in it early but the game looked fast to MC he still may as well be a rookie.

I did not like what I saw from the ILBs and DTs.  LBs They were slow reacting to the play and were getting reached too often.  The DTs (DEs) were getting blown out.

I liked what I saw from Barno and Leota, fwiw.

I was watching the Bucs game and they will have to cut a very good OLB or two.  just a heads up to see if we go after one.

Let's see new HC, QBs a rookie,2 new WRs, new TE, new RB. Whole new everything on OFF first time all playing in a game together, what could go wrong?

New DEF also looked like they had a few missed coverage, also first time it should get better when guys learn what the have to do more.

• Beer 1