• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Sunday Ticket features announced by YouTube

PanthersATL

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I believe they’re looking into the ala carte model in the next couple seasons. I would totally pay 10 bucks a week to watch the Panthers. 

Yeah I think they would actually make some money off the people that currently watch bootleg streams as a last option. $400 is way too much for people only watching one team

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I think they would actually make some money off the people that currently watch bootleg streams as a last option. $400 is way too much for people only watching one team

This x1000.

Call me Jack Sparrow cause I’ll be pirating games all year, I can’t afford to spend $400 for a football stream.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I always bought it with just the interest in watching our games, but we always end up watching whatever the best games are that week. 

I made the change from Direct Tv to YouTube so I could watch my beloved Panthers since I have done since 2001.. YouTube Tv took a little bit to get use too.. two months later I like it. It knows what I like  .. plus the clarity is so much better and I had HD with Direct…. Just have to rely on my WiFi now.. so see how YouTube handles the mass streaming at first!!

11 hours ago, amcoolio said:

It is still unlimited streams at once if on the same network, right? We switched to Youtube TV for our bar and its way better and way, way, cheaper than Direct TV. They don't check anymore and Google can give less a f if using in commercial establishment

Google may not care, but the NFL certainly does.  It may be rare and a small chance of it happening to you... but there are instances where bars have been cited for airing content illegally.

But yes, unlimited is still a thing.

Though if they see accounts with (let's say) 20 streams going... that might raise some "is this a business" eyebrows 

11 hours ago, joemac said:

I believe they’re looking into the ala carte model in the next couple seasons. I would totally pay 10 bucks a week to watch the Panthers. 

The NFL dictated the rule of no Ala Carte option.  Likely won't happen anytime soon, especially if YT keeps innovating features to make ST a desired way to watch games

11 hours ago, joemac said:

I'm skeptical that the NFL will ever allow this to happen. You have too many people actually paying for the complete package, and a la carte may hurt the bottom line. Admittedly, I am one of those people who will likely never invest that type of money in watching football (unless I become an expat), but I'm thinking that there are more people like me than those willing to drop a half o' stack to watch NFL games (particularly in this digital age where there are likely other options...)

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Google may not care, but the NFL certainly does.  It may be rare and a small chance of it happening to you... but there are instances where bars have been cited for airing content illegally.

But yes, unlimited is still a thing.

Though if they see accounts with (let's say) 20 streams going... that might raise some "is this a business" eyebrows 

Google may care a bit now since YTTV is run by Google. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I'm skeptical that the NFL will ever allow this to happen. You have too many people actually paying for the complete package, and a la carte may hurt the bottom line. Admittedly, I am one of those people who will likely never invest that type of money in watching football (unless I become an expat), but I'm thinking that there are more people like me than those willing to drop a half o' stack to watch NFL games (particularly in this digital age where there are likely other options...)

There is a chance they'll offer "single game" options LATE in the season, similar to what DirecTV offered.  We won't know until it happens so don't hold your breath

14 hours ago, amcoolio said:

It is still unlimited streams at once if on the same network, right? We switched to Youtube TV for our bar and its way better and way, way, cheaper than Direct TV. They don't check anymore and Google can give less a f if using in commercial establishment

Not saying this will help or hinder -- but if you're planning on using a home subscription in a commercial environment, there's a possibility you'll be limited to just two streams "outside the home"

and Google may have coding in place to identify whether a listed address is a "home" or a "business".

I'd be surprised if Google's YouTube product team haven't already thought of all the different ways that streams could be co-opted by folks trying to skirt various rules

26 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

There is a chance they'll offer "single game" options LATE in the season, similar to what DirecTV offered.  We won't know until it happens so don't hold your breath

DTV offered single game options late in the season last year?