• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason week 2 Thread

Panthercougar68

46 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Stroud was always a build-a-bear QB to me. He has all the athletic traits you look for and wonderful mechanics.

It's all about whether he can transition to the next level - adjusting to NFL speeds / athletes and reading NFL defences. That's beyond my scouting skills from thousands of miles away, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Stroud making plays with his legs. Something people on here said he couldn't do. 

The Georgia game proved that one. People just didn't understand that he didn't need to at Ohio State because his passing was so great combined with his  o-line being very good.

I wanted Stroud before the draft, but think him and Bryce are both really good QBs. I worry for Stroud though being stuck with the Texans

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Fields vs AR at 7 should be interesting as well. This first game didn’t have much going on 

Fields isn’t playing they said on Wednesday. He’s killed the Colts in the practices so no need to play. 

edit: to be clear he’s killed them all week ( and DJ looks uncoverable over there ) but the Colts, twice, actually hit him during the scrimmages even though you can’t touch the QB. And one of those was a low hit in the knee area. So not worth risking his health. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

PJ Walker it is then

They actually have a rookie who’s looked reallly good but I can’t spell his name. Tyson Bagent or something like that. PJ has been so horrendous in practice and the last game that despite a super cheap two year contract, beat reporters think he’s a potential cut candidate. 

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields isn’t playing they said on Wednesday. He’s killed the Colts in the practices so no need to play. 

edit: to be clear he’s killed them all week ( and DJ looks uncoverable over there ) but the Colts, twice, actually hit him during the scrimmages even though you can’t touch the QB. And one of those was a low hit in the knee area. So not worth risking his health. 

If that is the case, then I'm surprised the bears wouldn't retaliate and take some cheap shots at Richardson

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

You don't want to start a preseason war with another team and have them try to take some more back. 

If you are playing all of your backups and third string in a game, it wouldn't be as bad. And if they are taking cheap shots at your most important player, they have absolutely earned All of the cheap shots they get in retaliation.

I hear what you are saying, but I would absolutely be telling my players to go all out and not be afraid of any penalties based on the cheap shots that are being talked about that happened earlier in the week