• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssssst.......

Zod

9 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Shhhhhhhh. You are making too much sense. If fit wanted a full rebuild, those two firsts and a third would look realllll nice 

You would also think since they turned down those picks, signing Burns to an extension would be priority. Not trying to play hardball 

Sorry but the way last season ended with the defense plus the trade for young equals aiming for playoffs and that being the expectation.  If not then should have gone full rebuild if playoffs wasn't the goal. So by them not going full rebuild and telling us they aren't rebuilding, that's saying they expect to win. 

• Beer 1

On 8/19/2023 at 6:33 AM, Zod said:

If you expected a playoff year this year with rookie QB, entirely new staff, completely new schemes on offense and defense......

You don't football very well. That's never been the way it works. 

Calm down and enjoy the process of watching a young team develop into something more (hopefully). 

Enjoy the process.............................LOL!

Its Rhule back to visit.........

On 8/19/2023 at 6:46 AM, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

At this point I'd be willing to settle for Bryce surviving the season.  I don't think I can take watching this franchise ruin another ascendant star quarterback. 

I texted the same thing to my daughter this AM. I watched a shitty OL get Cam’s career derailed, and I hope history doesn’t repeat with BY. Yes, I know Cam’s game was different, but don’t tell me the Panthers ever put a premium on OL during his tenure here. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Sorry but the way last season ended with the defense plus the trade for young equals aiming for playoffs and that being the expectation.  If not then should have gone full rebuild if playoffs wasn't the goal. So by them not going full rebuild and telling us they aren't rebuilding, that's saying they expect to win. 

they did go full rebuild. 

New HC, new OC, new DC, all new schemes.  They traded away CMC and DJ Moore for draft picks.  We are starting a rookie QB.  We got a bunch of rentals and band aids all over the roster. 

the ONE thing they didn't do was trade Burns.  That's it.  And they probably should of.  And they still possibly could this season.  But that one decision doesn't somehow not make a rebuild a rebuild.  Nor does Frank saying standard PR jargon to a fanbase that hasn't seen anything in a half decade about wanting to win in the process. 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, CRA said:

He isn’t terrible.  Raiders just didn’t meet exaggerated expectations. Carr basically is the same dude every season. He is a Pro Bowl QB.  He just isn’t Brees tier.   

Kamara is only missing 3 games 

and they have what looks to be a cake schedule 

I mean, anywhere outside of Carolina is going to give them a clear edge over us. 

Oh yeah, I have been checking out the coverage and NFC South talk always starts with New Orleans. Carr can put up some big numbers, but he really struggles under the bright lights. It could click with this change of scenery, but he had really good talent around him for years with little to no post season success to show for it. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

they did go full rebuild. 

New HC, new OC, new DC, all new schemes.  They traded away CMC and DJ Moore for draft picks.  We are starting a rookie QB.  We got a bunch of rentals and band aids all over the roster. 

the ONE thing they didn't do was trade Burns.  That's it.  And they probably should of.  And they still possibly could this season.  But that one decision doesn't somehow not make a rebuild a rebuild.  Nor does Frank saying standard PR jargon to a fanbase that hasn't seen anything in a half decade about wanting to win in the process. 

Since the advent of FA roster churn is the norm. You make it sound like we are the first team to even have roster churn. And we still have the majority of last years starters.

A Rookie QB is going to have to learn his WRs whether they have been here for years, or for months.

If Bryce even sniffs the ROY, we are fighting for the Playoffs. 

And thinking that replacing Burns is as easy as drafting another DE/OLB, you are dreaming. If it was that easy, every team would be chuck full of pass rushers. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Since the advent of FA roster churn is the norm. You make it sound like we are the first team to even have roster churn. And we still have the majority of last years starters.

again, rebuilds don't exist....given the new definition being applied by the "we aren't in a rebuild, we are in win now mode" crowd.