• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something to think about

Rubi

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We are going just one season without a first round pick. 
We have a ton of cap space coming next off-season. 
We’ll be fine. 

We actually don’t have a ton of cap space. You can always push more down the road, but we only have about $29M of cap space right now and that’s without Burns, Houston, Chark and Chinn. We also only have 43 under contract for next year and several of those are likely PS guys like Bumper, Peoples and more. So, in all, we can create more space but it’ll be like this year where we aren’t making a splash FA signing, just bargain level shopping.

9 hours ago, Rubi said:

Of course this is all old news at this point and it was just something that came to mind. The lack of good depth on the roster and just some of the decision making that I think has really shown it self now. 

Traded a 2nd , 4th and 5th I believe for Darnold 

Traded a 3rd and used a 3rd for Corral (correct me if this is wrong)

Traded 2 1sts , 2 2nds and DJ Moore for Bryce Young 

That is a ton of picks, and high picks, and to show you have 1 starter after all that. And lose your stud WR. This team has never truly embraced a rebuild under Tepper so far and I think we won’t even fully benefit from Bryce being on a rookie deal because of what the price was to get him. 

The guy who wanted Darnold (and Bridgewater...and Mayfield) was fired.

The guy who pushed for Corral was replaced.

The only trade for which current leadership bears all responsibility is the one for Young.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You must use assets to get a quality QB if you don’t have a quality QB. 

There are not very many quality QB’s.

So you either have to try to get one, or don’t try to get one. 

I like trying to get one personally. 

The Bryce attempt made sense. The Darnold / Corral didn’t. I’m just looking at the overall cost over the past few seasons to try and find a QB. 

3 minutes ago, Rubi said:

The Bryce attempt made sense. The Darnold / Corral didn’t. I’m just looking at the overall cost over the past few seasons to try and find a QB. 

Hindsight imo. 

Darnold remains a very physically talented prospect, but the narrative (actually true and was true here) was he was put in a bad place, but he was young so he had potential still. The price paid was debatable (I think it was rich), but taking a chance was fine.

Corral was fine too as a prospect. His physical traits were attractive in the 3rd, even on a trade up. But he didn’t make sense in the end because Rhule clearly didn’t intend on giving him a shot. 

I’m certain I’m in the minority here, but this is how I see it: between Young and Corral, we have two lotto tickets. We have a lot invested in Young, but in reality, we just need one of these two to be a great (quality) QB within two seasons. We hope it’s Young because more is at stake, but in the end, you just need a great QB, and I honestly don’t care where that QB comes from. 

Having two young QB’s makes me feel more at ease. We have a lot of eggs in the Young basket, but I feel better knowing I have a Corral basket off to the side with a few eggs in it too. 

• Beer 1

Discuss??

Okay then........

....coming up before you know it will be Octoberfest with the NFL season in full swing and all that great German celebration like with this young lady enjoying the festive activities below

......note how she has her hair braided appropriately and she is lifting a hefty pint in salute to the event along with wearing a traditional dress with a scooped neckline tha......................holy crap!!!..........great day in the morning!!!

Bosomy Blonde, Jordan Carver, at Oktoberfest (38 pics) - Izismile.com

• The D 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One other thing to think about (just because I saw this)...

Great as Luke was at so many things, that goofy skipping touchdown celebration gets me every time 😆

One of the few times everyone in my family was together watching the game. 

So cathartic after the media said the Cowboys would give us our first loss. 

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

One of the few times everyone in my family was together watching the game. 

So cathartic after the media said the Cowboys would give us our first loss. 

I wound up watching it with a group of Cowboy fans.

I won't lie. It was funny 😄

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Rubi said:

Of course this is all old news at this point and it was just something that came to mind. The lack of good depth on the roster and just some of the decision making that I think has really shown it self now. 

Traded a 2nd , 4th and 5th I believe for Darnold 

Traded a 3rd and used a 3rd for Corral (correct me if this is wrong)

Traded 2 1sts , 2 2nds and DJ Moore for Bryce Young 

That is a ton of picks, and high picks, and to show you have 1 starter after all that. And lose your stud WR. This team has never truly embraced a rebuild under Tepper so far and I think we won’t even fully benefit from Bryce being on a rookie deal because of what the price was to get him. 

This also ignores the 4 draft picks we acquired in the McCaffrey trade....not only did we use those picks to offset some of your trades above, but it will free up a great deal of cap space in the future - he will count $14M against their cap each of the next 2 years.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your comments - but this is fair to add - it isn't quite as bad as the above implies.

• Pie 2