• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to go shopping....WR

Jmac

10 hours ago, panthers55 said:

And your constant complaining about the over the top rhetoric is overblown in your criticism.  Fans are reacting to all the accolades that have been heaped on our staff by outside sources not panther sites. So if folks are pretty happy about our staff and talk about it in positive ways, why do you have to come in here and piss on everyone's cornflakes.

And Reich was only calling plays at San Diego for 1 year his first year so that hardly is definitive. He didn't call plays in Philly and did for 5 years at Indy.  Seems most of the criticism was in 22 and 23 when the Colts imploded for various reasons. So no he wasn't critized everywhere for his playcalling. If you want to criticize overblown responses start with your own. 

my issue with the over top stuff or extreme optimism isn't new.   It's not unique to this squad.  That's just not what I do.  

It is what it is. 

Yes, he called plays in SD and Indy.  That's it.  2 spots. And the general critique of him as playcaller in both places (all the places) was the same one.  And largely the praise too.   It's 2023, we hired a young dude from an exciting coaching tree as our OC.  Frank should let him do his job and grow.   There are very few HCs that should be calling plays.  Frank should be the HC.  Brown should be the OC.  Which means he should call the plays.   That's a pretty moderate position you are trying to pitch as the yin to the overhyping yang.  

22 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

In my defense...I still think we have a legit shot at winning the NFCS, thus being a "playoff team". Not because we're a great or even complete team yet, but because none of the teams are. We'll get a real look at that possibility starting in 2 weeks. 

In other news, I agree that Chark has looked like our best receiver all of camp and preseason. I hope it's nothing major or lingering. And Icky looked really good LAST YEAR. But 1 good year doesn't make you a franchise LT. I'm still bullish on him BTW.

As far as Ickey is concerned, I think we need to understand the context within which our line looked good. When Rhule was fired and Wilkes came in with a plan to run the ball, and throw off of play action, our line magically got better. We protected them.

Now this new staff is asking them to do what Rhule was asking them to do which is pass black for 2 to 5 seconds two of every three snaps, and the result is the same. 

I don't think we have the personnel to run the Rams West Coast style offense and would be much better suited to running something like the 49er's run to, if nothing else, protect our offensive line. They can be a Top 10 unit when running.

• Pie 1