• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You sure about that? 🤔

(Hint: might want to look back at who we're talking about)

His wording was weird...

He basically said Henderson+5th rounder = shitty TE + 3rd rounder. Nothing about this trade screams "worst trade of all time". The trade was meh at worst.

Edited by Luciu5

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

His wording was weird...

He basically said Henderson+5th rounder = shitty TE + 3rd rounder. Nothing about this trade screams "worst trade of all time". The trade was meh at worst.

Yeah, kind of a weird thing to say, especially regarding a team that has Sean Gilbert in their history.

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

His wording was weird...

Agreed, it wasn't a great trade, but it wasn't a bad one either.  Neither player is setting the world on fire, so at worst we traded a third for a fifth.  Not the best trade, but we did need a cb, so I understand why we took a shot.  

I just hope Horne can stay healthy this year.  

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, kind of a weird thing to say, especially regarding a team that has Sean Gilbert in their history.

Well, that wasn't technically a trade, but it was a horrible deal.  But most of these folks are too young to remember it.  It was definitely the worst in Panther history, and maybe the third worst in my time of watching NFL football.  Only the Herschel Walker (Minnesota) and Ricky Williams (Saints) deals were worse.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Most of these folks are to young to remember that Trade.  It was definitely the worst in Panther history, and maybe the third worst in my time of watching NFL football.  Only the Herschel Walker (Minnesota) and Ricky Williams (Saints) were worse.

I remember both of those...yikes 😬

4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Some talk of Arnold being brought back for TE depth...he can't block worth a flip.

...and Thomas has stone hands.

If only you could fuse the two of them you might have an all-around tight end.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember both of those...yikes 😬

...and Thomas has stone hands.

If only you could fuse the two of them you might have an all-around tight end.

Agreed, completely!  I have had that thought many, many times. 

I still don't know how Thomas got that contract.  We seriously overpaid for the 3 or 4 surprise catches he will make for us per year.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, that wasn't technically a trade, but it was a horrible deal.  But most of these folks are too young to remember it.  It was definitely the worst in Panther history, and maybe the third worst in my time of watching NFL football.  Only the Herschel Walker (Minnesota) and Ricky Williams (Saints) deals were worse.

I would have to add what the 49ers gave up to trade for Trey Lance as “up there too”. They gave up 3 first rounders for a QB that never did anything. Ouch. 

Edited by thennek

4 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

The Henderson trade was not one of Fitterer’s finest moments.

I recall Rhule saying that they loved him when he was in the draft and when he became available after such a short opportunity, he pounced.

Having said that, I do not think CJ wants to play football.  His issues are not talent-based--they are dispositional, it seems.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

RBs have long been devalued--it just took us a while to realize it!

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I recall Rhule saying that they loved him when he was in the draft and when he became available after such a short opportunity, he pounced.

Having said that, I do not think CJ wants to play football.  His issues are not talent-based--they are dispositional, it seems.

Yeah that was a Rhule "total control" trade.  

• Pie 2