• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He can’t trade him.  He would sure as poo get fired if he did that.  

At this point we have to look at him still being on a team as a sunk cost.  It sucks that we turned down the 2 firsts and that we didn't lock him up before last year, but unfortunately we can't change that now and have to do whatever we can do now.

I don't think him sitting out or letting him play out the contract are viable situations for the franchise, they both only have downsides.  If he balls out, he'll get the biggest defensive contract ever, from us or someone else.  If he doesn't, he'll still get a huge deal from someone else to steal him or even from us, but that would then also mean he didn't have a great season for us and thus hurt out defense this year.

There really is no upside to him playing out the year for us on this contract, none.

If I'm the team right now, he either signs an extension before Sunday or he's an inactive until we can trade him.

I've also been screaming for months to just give him what he wants and that's still by far my #1 option here.  I'm not just saying we should trade him out of spite and saltiness towards him.

But him threatening to hold out this week after an entire offseason of saying how he needed to be part of this team because of what we're building, it's not good for us and it absolutely is going to affect the players right now, there is a dark cloud over the team at the moment due to it all.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

I know he posts these types of images to his story often… but that’s a depressed and worn out Spidey right there. 

no its not.... that's a spidey who is working on an extremely complex math problem in his head while thinking about what he is going to have for dinner. You obvi dont know your spidermanz

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Here is my thing, if this were "messy" we would be hearing about that by now and all we keep hearing is that sides are sorta close but not really but maybe? It tells me there is probably one detail holding things up and it's not like a drag out fight.

That’s the odd thing too, I feel like a lot of the details are sparse with these negotiations which is a lot different from how some of the other contract situations have been this offseason. Which I mean maybe it’s a bit of neither side wanting to publicly slander the other which is respectable but idk it’s weird. 

I’m still sticking to my guns about this being poor time management by the FO by not getting anything done sooner. It’d suck if this is just like a cloud that lingers over the team during the season but Fitt and Co. would have nobody to blame but themselves.

• Pie 1