• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

How about a crazy thought? Both sides want to wait/ agreed to wait how the first game plays out. If he wrecks shop we will lean more towards his demand, of he is still only very good and situationally great, they meet more towards the front offices offer.

I believe Burns will be a long time Panther and he will experience much better years in the future of this team, than what he has to go trough on the past.

Let's bring them Birds down to earth!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

How about a crazy thought? Both sides want to wait/ agreed to wait how the first game plays out. If he wrecks shop we will lean more towards his demand, of he is still only very good and situationally great, they meet more towards the front offices offer.

I believe Burns will be a long time Panther and he will experience much better years in the future of this team, than what he has to go trough on the past.

If that was the case, Burns would have been upbeat all week instead of pouting and his family wouldn't be tweeting about him being upset right now.

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If that was the case, Burns would have been upbeat all week instead of pouting and his family wouldn't be tweeting about him being upset right now.

Why? They are upset, because their demands are not met (disrespect). The team wants some more proof, that he will take the next step and he is worth what they demand.

I don't think I paintet a realistic scenario, but I am confident he will play and sign a contract with the Panthers.

Edited by 1v0

6 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

Why? They are upset, because their demands are not met (disrespect). The team wants some more proof, that he will take the next step and he is worth what they demand.

I don't think I paintet a realistic scenario, but I am confident he will play and sign a contract with the Panthers.

Because I don't think either side would be willing to risk pre-agreeing on that kind of money and decision on the results of a single game.

Particularly because it could set up an ugly situation where Burns played well but didn't get any sacks or TFL, which very much can happen with a pass rusher.  He could get double teamed like crazy while others wreck havoc, which would be of credit to him and his agents would argue it, but the team would argue that he had no sacks.

It would only set up a potentially ugly fight come Monday, just wouldn't make sense for any side of this to want to do that.

Edited by tukafan21

13 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

As "If I can think it, it can happen" posts. I've seen worse.

• Poo 1

47 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

Well, the first game is against the #3 rushing offense from last year and they only got better talent to run the ball.   It’s not really the type matchup for Burns to show his stuff.  It frankly is a matchup that plays into his weakness/liability. 

Burns would have a bad team working for him to make a deal on the results of that 

I’ll still be surprised if he plays with no deal.   

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, the first game is against the #3 rushing offense from last year and they only got better talent to run the ball.   It’s not really the type matchup for Burns to show his stuff.  It frankly is a matchup that plays into his weakness/liability. 

Burns would have a bad team working for him to make a deal on the results of that 

My heart says yes. But my brain says no. I hope my heart wins, we win, and Burns plays well. Fingers Crossed.

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

This

I hope he plays because I want to see the dog in him. Let's see what he's made of when he's playing for something because the Panthers have played very few truly meaningful football games in his career and the one we had last year Burns went MIA. I want to see him come out and play like a man possessed. If he pouts and mails it in, just trade him because we found out he's not worth a cap crippling contract 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he plays because I want to see the dog in him. Let's see what he's made of when he's playing for something because the Panthers have played very few truly meaningful football games in his career and the one we had last year Burns went MIA. I want to see him come out and play like a man possessed. If he pouts and mails it in, just trade him because we found out he's not worth a cap crippling contract 

We haven't played meaningful games because of Rhule and the QB situation.

Not sure why Burns is the scapegoat for the Bucs game. I remember our DB's kept getting burned deep by Evans. Burns wasn't the only player who didn't show up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We haven't played meaningful games because of Rhule and the QB situation.

Not sure why Burns is the scapegoat for the Bucs game. I remember our DB's kept getting burned deep by Evans. Burns wasn't the only player who didn't show up.

But Burns is the only one looking to become the 2nd highest paid at his position after the market was reset. 

if you want that kind of money show up and show out when it matters most

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4