• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who are the 2024 prospects that you're going to be watching this college season?

Icege

Alright armchair scouts, let's hear who's got y'all excited!

Speaking for myself, I watch the college season with the intention of having a good time but then always go back at the end in order to do the "deep dive" scouting. That means for my list, I'm not exactly listing the prospects that I think are the best. I'm watching who I think is going to be fun to focus on during the games. 😄

QB: Joe Milton III (Tennessee)
RB: Braelon Allen (Wisconsin)
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr (Ohio State)
TE: Brock Bowers (Georgia)
OT: Patrick Paul (Houston)
iOL: Donovan Jackson (Ohio State) 
DL: Leonard Taylor III (Miami)
EDGE: Jared Verse (Florida State)
LB: Smael Mondon Jr (Georgia)
CB: Nate Wiggens (Clemson)
S: Rod Moore (Michigan)

Going to be zeroing in on pass rushers this season since that might be the biggest position of need in the offseason between the lack of depth behind Brian Burns as well as the potential lack of Brian Burns. 😮

Hoping to catch a couple of the guys from the previous list as well as this one today:

• Jett Johnson (Miss St)
  • Laiatu Latu (UCLA)
  • Tyler Baron (Tennessee)
  • Kaimon Rucker (UNC)
  • Amari Gainer (UNC)
  • Zion Tupuola-Fetui (Washington)
  • Bralen Trice (Washington)
  • Cedric Johnbson (Ole Miss)
  • Dallas Turner (Alabama)
  • JT Tuimoloau (Ohio State)
  • Jack Sawyer (Ohio State)
  • Chop Robinson (Penn State)
  • Jasheen Davis (Wake Forest)
  • JJ Weaver (Kentucky)
  • Darius Robinson (Missouri)
  • Pie 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:00 AM, Icege said:

Alright armchair scouts, let's hear who's got y'all excited!

Speaking for myself, I watch the college season with the intention of having a good time but then always go back at the end in order to do the "deep dive" scouting. That means for my list, I'm not exactly listing the prospects that I think are the best. I'm watching who I think is going to be fun to focus on during the games. 😄

QB: Joe Milton III (Tennessee)
RB: Braelon Allen (Wisconsin)
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr (Ohio State)
TE: Brock Bowers (Georgia)
OT: Patrick Paul (Houston)
iOL: Donovan Jackson (Ohio State) 
DL: Leonard Taylor III (Miami)
EDGE: Jared Verse (Florida State)
LB: Smael Mondon Jr (Georgia)
CB: Nate Wiggens (Clemson)
S: Rod Moore (Michigan)

Any of those top 10 CB's to replace Horn. I am not saying get rid of him. He might be a good 2nd or backup but as a first we know he can't stay off the injury list for a full year. Then there is Jackson. 

• Pie 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, Bear Hands said:

Troy Franklin & Rome Odunze at WR.  

Rome Odunze caught my eye last week vs. Boise State. Seeing now after you mentioned him that he balled out vs. Tulsa too. Definitely going to have to track him now as well! 👀

Didn't realize he was already 6'3" 215lbs with 4.33 speed. That's a Frank Reich WR if I've ever seen one!

11 minutes ago, cmichd08 said:

Any of those top 10 CB's to replace Horn. I am not saying get rid of him. He might be a good 2nd or backup but as a first we know he can't stay off the injury list for a full year. Then there is Jackson. 

Looks like there's going to be some decent talent in the 2nd at the very least. Kris Jenkins' son is a DT @ Michigan and currently projected to be an early 2nd, and the aforementioned Rome Odunze is also projected in the 2nd. Jack Sawyer, an Ohio State edge rusher, is also projected there. If not a CB, a position of need looks like it can still be filled.

Granted, a lot can change between now and April. 😮

• Pie 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:32 AM, Icege said:

Rome Odunze caught my eye last week vs. Boise State. Seeing now after you mentioned him that he balled out vs. Tulsa too. Definitely going to have to track him now as well! 👀

Didn't realize he was already 6'3" 215lbs with 4.33 speed. That's a Frank Reich WR if I've ever seen one!

He would have gone Round 1 last year.  We ironically have a chance at him this season with the increased WR talent in the draft but if he continues to ball out he could go up to WR2.

Viewing for today:

#3 Florida State @ Clemson (12pm)

• Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida St
  • Jeremiah Trotter Jr, LB, Clemson
  • Barrett Carter, LB, Clemson
  • Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
  • Keon Coleman, WR, Florida St
  • Trey Benson, RB, Florida St
  • Will Shipley, RB, Clemson
  • Jordan Travis, QB, Florida St
  • Patrick Payton, EDGE, Florida St
  • Fabien Lovett Sr, DL, Florida St
  • Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
  • Fentress Cypress II, CB, Florida St

Have got Auburn @ Texas A&M on the other TV. Trying to decide between the following 3:30pm games:

• #19 Colorado @ #10 Oregon
  • #22 UCLA @ #11 Utah
  • #15 Ole Miss @ #13 Alabama
  • Texas Tech @ West Virginia

Jared Verse, Dallas Turner, Laiatu Latu, Chop Robinson, and Braelen Trice are all likely gone before the Panthers' first selection comes up.

But Jasheen Davis, Mohamed Kamara, Solomon Byrd, Zion Tupuola-Fetui, and JJ Weaver all might be available 😄

I haven't quite gotten a good read on the Ohio St pass rushers (Tuimoloau and Sawyer). I don't care for Sawyer much, but Tuimoloau is an interesting OLB option.