• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big fan of Burns but...

NAS

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Need to can Fitterer before trading Burns. Dan Morgan is waiting in the wings and will be a better GM.

Crazy to think the last few years how bad-to-potentially-mediocre this team has been, and yet Fitterer has downgraded at every position but one, and now may have traded all 3 of the franchise cornerstones for Bryce Young, several bags of warm garbage and some picks to cover for the other awful trades he's made.

I don't condone paying Burns above 26MM per year, but this is ridiculous. Fitterer's the Matt Rhule of GMs.

I’d love to see you explain your stance that Fitt has downgraded every position but one. That’s way off imo. 

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I’ll take their first, Jones, and maybe another 3rd rounder at this point.

Or I’d really love to get Adams and their first, but that might not happen and it would hurt our pass rush a lot.

Give me a 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, and Jerry Tillery or Bilal Nichols. 

We get a DL, our 1st replaced this year and our 2nd replaced for next year.

And cap room.

Edited by Cdparr7

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

But our run defense actually improves by removing Burns. 

then we should trade Young for some stout cost effective big mollies who carry their lunch pails and pound that rock!

the central goal of this team should be to prove that it can still be done the old way, with cheap cost effective vets running that ball and stopping that run! 

Things that win super bowls

1) elite expensive passers

2) expensive weapons that catch lots of passes and touchdowns

3) expensive pass rushers which obstruct the other teams’ 1) and 2)

things that don’t win super bowls

1) healthy cap

2) cost effective day three picks giving us a hometown discount

3) running that football!

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cmon man this reality. What kind of work you do that exposes you to major injuries like NFL players?

I drive box trucks. My biggest risk at work is getting into a accident on the road which we all have to drive anyway. You can't compare a regular workplace to a NFL workplace. 2 totally different environments. If Burns gets injured he's risking millions of dollars. I doubt you are making that kind of money at your job.

Come on mate he’s a defensive player his biggest risk is the turf 

• Flames 1

I remember fans were ecstatic that Peppers went to the Bears. Many were talking so much shut about him, he had to have slapped their mommas.  

Then they wanted him back, when he went to the Packers. 

Then they were all singing his tune when he finally came back in the twilight of his career. 

We have a good pass rusher, that couldn't be replaced right now if we wanted.  He wants to be here, and he's vital to this defense.  

I'd rather they keep them. 

I'm sure the BS will never stop flowing from others. 

• Pie 3

On 9/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, TLGPanthersFan said:

Dude has an inflated opinion of himself. Anyone who watches him play knows he is no where near the caliber of those players. 

There are legit arguments to both sides of this, but also other variables we are missing here. What kind of leadership and presence does Burns bring to the locker room? Is he respected, team Captain material?  Does he make players around him better? I think we know the answer to that. 

Burns works very hard, is a true professional and student of the game. He also tends to STAY on the field (don't want to jinx, so I just say that). I don't see this guy being selfish and slacking after he gets paid in that kind of way. His stats have gotten better every season. He is growing the way you hope a player grows. Remember, Burns was a bit undersized when he entered the league, and the expectations were that he grows into the game... well he is meeting that expectation and then some.  I see Brian Burns as a guy that aspires to be (at the end of his career) one of the best DE's in the game and in Panthers history. The rest of how he is measured will speak for itself.

None of us have a crystal ball, we just have to judge a person by the content of his character, and YES, by his performance. I do not see a downside to paying this guy. Does not mean he has to get TJ Watt money, just find a middle ground... no reason a reasonable deal cannot be made here.

Edited by Dragoon11

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I remember fans were ecstatic that Peppers went to the Bears. Many were talking so much shut about him, he had to have slapped their mommas.  

Then they wanted him back, when he went to the Packers. 

Then they were all singing his tune when he finally came back in the twilight of his career. 

We have a good pass rusher, that couldn't be replaced right now if we wanted.  He wants to be here, and he's vital to this defense.  

I'd rather they keep them. 

I'm sure the BS will never stop flowing from others. 

What a load of horseshit.  You are either lying or totally misrembering

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2