• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Checked out?

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Every image of him coming out right now looks like someone who's dog just died.

His dad and brother are posting negative stuff on social media due to this.

If you really don't think it's affecting the team when it's best player and Captain is doing that right now, then you really don't understand how an NFL locker room operates.

100% they feel it, not possible not to

He's not the best player on the team. 

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's not the best player on the team. 

Then who would you consider the best player right now?

On defense the options would be Burns, Brown, and Horn, can't see anyone else on that defense being in the discussion and of them, it's clearly Burns to me.

On offense, it's what, maybe Sanders and Moton?

Still, I put Burns better than both of them right now.  I'm not talking about potential, where maybe you could consider Bryce, Mingo, Ickey, but right now, Burns is the best and most impactful player on this team right now.

Edited by tukafan21

20 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Then who would you consider the best player right now?

On defense the options would be Burns, Brown, and Horn, can't see anyone else on that defense being in the discussion and of them, it's clearly Burns to me.

On offense, it's what, maybe Sanders and Moton?

Still, I put Burns better than both of them right now.  I'm not talking about potential, where maybe you could consider Bryce, Mingo, Ickey, but right now, Burns is the best and most impactful player on this team right now.

luvu was the best player on D last year.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

luvu was the best player on D last year.

I love what Luvu brings to the team, but in no way shape or form is he a better football player than Burns.

And if the team felt he was, there would be no chance we'd even be discussing a contract with Burns given what he is looking for, he'd have 1,000% been traded during the offseason if they felt that was the case.

Luvu is essentially a journeyman LB and we're considering making Burns one of the Top 5 paid defensive players in NFL history, sorry, but there is no comparison there.

Saying "Luvu was the best player on D last year" when talking about who is the best player on the team right now is like saying "Baker was better than Bryce for us last year"

Nonsense given the matter at hand and doesn't mean a thing moving forward.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I love what Luvu brings to the team, but in no way shape or form is he a better football player than Burns.

And if the team felt he was, there would be no chance we'd even be discussing a contract with Burns given what he is looking for, he'd have 1,000% been traded during the offseason if they felt that was the case.

Luvu is essentially a journeyman LB and we're considering making Burns one of the Top 5 paid defensive players in NFL history, sorry, but there is no comparison there.

Saying "Luvu was the best player on D last year" when talking about who is the best player on the team right now is like saying "Baker was better than Bryce for us last year"

Nonsense given the matter at hand and doesn't mean a thing moving forward.

he was for the 2022 season, it doesnt matter where he came form or what round. He was the difference on many plays and had more impact at seasons ends than any other D player. He was hell on tank tracks and didnt get the attention. 

He was one of the best value/perfomance returns out there that was non-rookie salary. Frank called him the steal of the century. 

I know you watched the games last year, you dont recall luvu making play after play each week??

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

he was for the 2022 season, it doesnt matter where he came form or what round. He was the difference on many plays and had more impact at seasons ends than any other D player. He was hell on tank tracks and didnt get the attention. 

He was one of the best value/perfomance returns out there that was non-rookie salary. Frank called him the steal of the century. 

I know you watched the games last year, you dont recall luvu making play after play each week??

I never said he didn't have a great season last year, but that's irrelevant when discussing who the best player on the team is right now.

If I told you both Luvu and Burns would play 17 games this season (contract distraction aside) and said you HAD to bet your life savings on who would be the better player for us this year.

Are you really putting the money down on Luvu?

No chance in hell

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I never said he didn't have a great season last year, but that's irrelevant when discussing who the best player on the team is right now.

If I told you both Luvu and Burns would play 17 games this season (contract distraction aside) and said you HAD to bet your life savings on who would be the better player for us this year.

Are you really putting the money down on Luvu?

No chance in hell

At the cost Id take LUVU allllllllllllllllllllll day. in fact I thought luvu should have been a OLB, atleast he doesnt get washed via run blocking.

I got no clue on how many people will be used on D( ILB luvu included ), we'll talk after a few games. ill and you do the same about remembering this luvu vs burns topic

we will see who makes the more difference during those games.....no clue on what % blitzing luvu will be called on. 

Edited by Basbear

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

At the cost Id take LUVU allllllllllllllllllllll day. in fact I thought luvu should have been a OLB, atleast he doesnt get washed via run blocking.

I got no clue on how many people will be used on D( ILB luvu included ), we'll talk after a few games. ill and you do the same about remembering this luvu vs burns topic

we will see who makes the more difference during those games.....no clue on what % blitzing luvu will be called on. 

But the argument isn't about the cost/value balance, it's about who is the better player.

If you want to talk about value per cost, then I'm not sure all that many elite and top dollar guys would even make that list.  Far too many players who are outperforming their contracts that would be further up the list.

But again, the NFL isn't a sport where you re-set rosters every year and can just pay for the value you want to pay for.  You're limited to choosing from the select player pool allowed to you, which is why everything can't be viewed in a vacuum of X dollars for Y player's value.

When you turn down paying Y player X dollars because you don't think the value is there, you don't just get to then spend  X dollars on Z player that you think has that value, because 99% of the time in this league, when dealing with players like this, there isn't that Z player even available.

I don't understand why so many people struggle to recognize this in today's NFL.

Edited by tukafan21

Winning cures all ills. Charlotte has two of the losingest franchises in sports over the last 5 years, so the fanbase is ill. Panthers only make the playoffs 28% of their time as a franchise since 1995. Hornets even lower, 3 times in the last 21 years. I don't know how you can blame tortured fans.