• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Scott Fitterer

FuFuLamePoo

On topic I 100% think Scott Fitterer should be fired. He’s made made pretty significant blunders every season.

Right out the gate drafting CB Horn over talent at more important positions of need, inexplicably picking up Sam Darnold’s 5th year option and saddling the team with his like $19m salary in 2022, trading picks for Matt Corral in 2022 only to see him cut in 2023 without seeing the field on the regular season. The trade for Bryce Young will either make or break his tenure though. If Young pans out, all is forgiven most likely. But the jury is obviously still out on that so we’re probably stuck with him until the end of the Frank Reich era.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

On topic I 100% think Scott Fitterer should be fired. He’s made made pretty significant blunders every season.

Right out the gate drafting CB Horn over talent at more important positions of need, inexplicably picking up Sam Darnold’s 5th year option and saddling the team with his like $19m salary in 2022, trading picks for Matt Corral in 2022 only to see him cut in 2023 without seeing the field on the regular season. The trade for Bryce Young will either make or break his tenure though. If Young pans out, all is forgiven most likely. But the jury is obviously still out on that so we’re probably stuck with him until the end of the Frank Reich era.

If the trade for Bryce doesn't work out and he sh$ts the bed, this team will be behind the eight ball for years. He will be gone if that's the case.

Edited by Jmac

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Trading for CJ Henderson is Fitts most egregious error.  However, Rhule did say that he loved CJ coming out of college, so I'm not sure who put the wheels in motion for that trade, but obviously Fitts negotiated the package, which was too much for a guy who had bust written all over him.

I did not disagree with trading for Henderson based on what they paid. They got what they thought was a 1st round talent and a 5th round pick in exchange for a 3rd round pick and journeyman TE. I wouldn’t say they broke the bank there and Henderson is on par with the production of a 3rd rounder IMO. I still don’t think it’s a bad trade, Henderson just isn’t very good.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I did not disagree with trading for Henderson based on what they paid. They got what they thought was a 1st round talent and a 5th round pick in exchange for a 3rd round pick and journeyman TE. I wouldn’t say they broke the bank there and Henderson is on par with the production of a 3rd rounder IMO. I still don’t think it’s a bad trade, Henderson just isn’t very good.

Yes, but Henderson showed he wasn't very good at all.  At least with Darnold the risk/reward was much more in line with what we gave up in the deal.  Had he panned out, that trade package would have looked like a steal. As it turns out, we lost a second rounder and a couple day 3 picks.

Fitt has got to go. The moves he has made have not equated to wins or sustained success. Most of you say you liked the trade for Bryce, not me. In my opinion we gave up way too much for a supposedly smart under sized qb. Now I am seeing comments that are saying we need a wr. Didn't we have a very good not great wr on this team that we traded away to acquire Bryce?

Why would you trade away a position that could greatly help a rookie qb? I forgot we are stacked at that position. We would've been picking in the top 10 again, except for the fact we traded that pick in an effort to win now, because obviously Fitt thought we had the roster to make a run. All we needed was a qb. Now we are in a position where we have to pay the two best guys on our defense but are having a hard time coming to terms with just one. If you knew you didn't want to pay the asking price. Why not trade said player unpopular as it might be and recoup high draft capital in order to use that as ammunition to go out and acquire a position that you want? Brown and Burns are going to cost a premium, it's just the facts. Luvu should be next up for an extension. These three players are crucial to the team's defense.

If these three players are not locked up long term, Fitt has failed as a gm. Letting Hassan go, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, trading away DJ Moore. Giving up a massive draft haul to take an undersized qb. Need a true middle linebacker. It's all a mess. Team building is the job of the GM. Scott has failed and is failing miserably.

7 minutes ago, bigrod9 said:

Fitt has got to go. The moves he has made have not equated to wins or sustained success. Most of you say you liked the trade for Bryce, not me. In my opinion we gave up way too much for a supposedly smart under sized qb. Now I am seeing comments that are saying we need a wr. Didn't we have a very good not great wr on this team that we traded away to acquire Bryce?

Why would you trade away a position that could greatly help a rookie qb? I forgot we are stacked at that position. We would've been picking in the top 10 again, except for the fact we traded that pick in an effort to win now, because obviously Fitt thought we had the roster to make a run. All we needed was a qb. Now we are in a position where we have to pay the two best guys on our defense but are having a hard time coming to terms with just one. If you knew you didn't want to pay the asking price. Why not trade said player unpopular as it might be and recoup high draft capital in order to use that as ammunition to go out and acquire a position that you want? Brown and Burns are going to cost a premium, it's just the facts. Luvu should be next up for an extension. These three players are crucial to the team's defense.

If these three players are not locked up long term, Fitt has failed as a gm. Letting Hassan go, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, trading away DJ Moore. Giving up a massive draft haul to take an undersized qb. Need a true middle linebacker. It's all a mess. Team building is the job of the GM. Scott has failed and is failing miserably.

essentially we gave up CMC, DJ, a future 1st, two 2nds, two 4ths......just to move up a couple draft spots in round 1 and 3.  That's a pretty big gamble.  And the history of giving up a lot isn't a good one.