• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News: 2023 Season

Mr. Scot

I'll just try this in here because it's as good a place as any...

Week 1 always tends to have its fair share of illusions. Week 2 often exposes those for what they are.

Are the Cowboys really that good?

Are the Giants really that bad?

Is something wrong with the Steelers?

What about the Chiefs?

Are the Lions for real?

Are the Rams back to being winners?

Have the Bears improved at all?

As the soap opera narrator used to say, these and many more questions will be answered next week.

I'll definitely be watching closely to see where the corrections happen.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Week 1 always tends to have its fair share of illusions. Week 2 often exposes those for what they are.

What about the Chiefs?

Are the Lions for real?

As the soap opera narrator used to say, these and many more questions will be answered next week.

My expert insight:

No, no, maybe, they'll be fine, probably, no, yes but they aren't the Eagles or Chiefs.

Given my track record, history will probably say:

Yes, yes, no, they are done, nope (same old Lions), yes (Owl pending), not one bit.

Cowboys are my pick to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl.  That team is crazy talented, top to bottom.  Prescott struggled with TOs last year, but the 4 years before that his INT% was 1.7 so I chalked it up as a fluke.  He's not a GREAT QB, but he is definitely good enough and they have surrounded him with so many talented playmakers and Lamb is a superstar.  

But man more than anything, that defense is filthy.  Some will say the Giants offense is bad and while that is true, they had the 5th ranked defense last year.  And all they did was get better by adding Gilmore.  Parsons is as good as any player on defense.  

49ers are great too though.  Damn the NFC might not have the depth the AFC has but between the Cowboys, 49ers, and Eagles... man the top of this conference is insane.

What about the Chiefs?

Are the Lions for real?

You don't want to peak too soon. See it every season where they are predicting the conference Champs after 3 or 4 games into the season. It's rare any of those 3 game champions even make the playoffs.  They never learn.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hopefully we do the same with Burns, a short term bump.  I DO NOT want a long term deal with the way he's handling this and on the heels of the Bosa deal.  It's not like the Panthers aren't at the table, Burns' camp just ain't biting at what the team is offering.  Amend his current contract for a pay raise this year and revisit before the onset of FA.  If he's still sniffing around Nick Bosa type money, let another team pay him.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hopefully we do the same with Burns, a short term bump.  I DO NOT want a long term deal with the way he's handling this and on the heels of the Bosa deal.  It's not like the Panthers aren't at the table, Burns' camp just ain't biting at what the team is offering.  Amend his current contract for a pay raise this year and revisit before the onset of FA.  If he's still sniffing around Nick Bosa type money, let another team pay him.

Lolllll I'm dying laughing this is the most ridiculous take on here today hands down. A short term bump for a 25 year old elite pass rusher who's getting better in all phases in his game. The way he's handling it wtfff he wants a new deal came to camp gave it his all showed up week one and dominated the game until turnovers and short fields allowed Atl to put up points and take control of the game. The way he's handled this is a reason to give him a little more if you know football he's not missing anytime and still was our best defender week one how's he handling it to you because he's done everything it takes to be a company man now it's time to pay that man what he deserves based off the growing cap and range of salaries for players similar to his elite level of play. Pay that man and add more talent to this team if we plan on contending in the near future it's simple.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Lolllll I'm dying laughing this is the most ridiculous take on here today hands down. A short term bump for a 25 year old elite pass rusher who's getting better in all phases in his game. The way he's handling it wtfff he wants a new deal came to camp gave it his all showed up week one and dominated the game until turnovers and short fields allowed Atl to put up points and take control of the game. The way he's handled this is a reason to give him a little more if you know football he's not missing anytime and still was our best defender week one how's he handling it to you because he's done everything it takes to be a company man now it's time to pay that man what he deserves based off the growing cap and range of salaries for players similar to his elite level of play. Pay that man and add more talent to this team if we plan on contending in the near future it's simple.

He's under contract and has rebuffed the Panthers offer for a new deal, which they DO NOT have to give right now.  If Burns wants Bosa money, he can go to a team that wants to pay him that.  If he's betting on himself, call off the negotiations and hit FA signing with the highest bidder in the spring.  Obviously he's testing the Panthers and I hope they call his bluff.  Dragging this into the season is complete BS. Again, this is BURNS causing this distraction with his demands, not the Panthers.

• Pie 1