• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ

ncfan

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

QB school roasted Theilen again on this play. This time it wasn’t for being slow.  Bryce eyed him down.  He got wide open.  Then threw a fit when Bryce went away from him and to TMJ. 

Yea but interestingly enough didn’t roast DJ Moore who threw his arms up multiple times at Justin Fields for not throwing him the ball.

it just feels like JT doesn’t like AT. I don’t really care… just interesting. It’s his platform and he can say what he wants… but I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes up th is week via the Twitter

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I didn't mean you. Im talking to those people who were hyping TMJ and Mingo all offseason.

I was called a hater all offseason. Now that the games are here im just ready to see what all the hype is about.

Why are knocking Mingo? He has played one NFL game and was open multiple times. poo if Bryce connects with him on that 99 yard pass… I bet you aren’t even mentioning Mingo right now.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yea but interestingly enough didn’t roast DJ Moore who threw his arms up multiple times at Justin Fields for not throwing him the ball.

it just feels like JT doesn’t like AT. I don’t really care… just interesting. It’s his platform and he can say what he wants… but I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes up th is week via the Twitter

but Justin Fields is also a 3rd year QB. 

Bryce Young was making his rookie NFL debut on the road. 

Maybe he views the roles of WR different based on the who the QB is.  For example, he might not have the same issue w/ someone giving Mahomes pushback but might of for Richardson last week.   Same maybe for getting open.  Maybe vet WRs are getting a higher bar because they are paired up with a rookie and the burden for the team should be on helping Bryce.  Not Bryce making them look good. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

A back shoulder is always a go route. It’s based on how the DB plays the WR. TMJ felt that he had his man at his hip… this means the QB should take the go instead of the back shoulder. Back shoulder is when the DB is over the top and there is no way the receiver is getting passed him.

All this to say… tmj had his man beat and went big but Bryce felt he didn’t have him beat enough. It’s a chemistry thing not a “had no clue” thing 

hate on TMJ for giving up on a few routes in the game but not this play. 

Corner is still overtop when Bryce goes to throw.  This is certainly a chemistry thing but its the right read by Bryce.

image.png.0d34d0ec04491d62f4fe7db8749ad5fb.png

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

but Justin Fields is also a 3rd year QB. 

Bryce Young was making his rookie NFL debut on the road. 

Maybe he views the roles of WR different based on the who the QB is.  For example, he might not have the same issue w/ someone giving Mahomes pushback but might of for Richardson last week.   Same maybe for getting open.  Maybe vet WRs are getting a higher bar because they are paired up with a rookie and the burden for the team should be on helping Bryce.  Not Bryce making them look good. 

Maybe. I have no proof to say you are wrong or that I am right for that matter. 

it just feels like JT specifically goes after AT each time he does a piece on Bryce 

The only reason why TMJ is getting this many opportunities is because of his 2nd round status. Fitt's draft classes have left a lot to be desired. I don't know many players that he has drafted who have consistently contributed or made impacts beyond the 1st round. Outside of Christensen and Chinn, who else? 

This year's draft class outside of Bryce is very suspect as well, the only contributor might be Mingo. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Maybe. I have no proof to say you are wrong or that I am right for that matter. 

it just feels like JT specifically goes after AT each time he does a piece on Bryce 

JT acknowledges he keeps talking about 19 and that it likely wasn't going to sit well with folks though.  So, he isn't blind to it. 

But as someone just mentioned, Theilen is probably the first read on a lot of this stuff.  So what he is doing is likely just going to deserve comment.  I mean, even on the big play we are talking about with TMJ he quit on....Thielen looked to be the intended first read.  Or maybe Bryce was trying to look off coverage and TMJ was the real first option.  Who knows.  But Theilen being a main subject in the Bryce film makes sense if he is likely the #1 read on most plays. 

and I am sure Theilen and Hurst are the #1 reads on most of the plays Bryce was running.  Because that would make sense. 

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I'm still high on Mingo and TMJ. 

Coaches will correct this.

Very high on both of them to be honest, TMJ keeps running he has a 50-60 yard TD. Or Bryce connects with JM he has a 99 yard TD definitely a young star type of play one was on Bryce the other on the Wr they should be really working on their deep connections all week. That would've changed the game if he connects on either we'd be singing the praises of either WR so to say we've given up on them after one game where both had a chance to make a major impact but barely fell short seems a little premature. I'm judging players in a 4 game window we should completely know who's who after week 4. But I'm still expecting both WR to have big impacts the next few weeks.

• Beer 1