• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Fitts has done okay.  Not great, not horrible.  My thing is to see how this year and next pans out without Rhule AND Tepper meddling.  This draft was--meh--for me.  Zavala was a solid pick on day three.  I did like re-signing Luvu, snagging Jusitn Houston late in camp, signing Dalton as a bridge or mentor QB, bringing in Hurst and Thielen.  Vonn Bell was a solid signing.

As much as we dislike to say it, this is a rebuild on the fly.  Not a total rebuild, mind you, as the defense and STs were largely intact.  Starting the offense over from spare parts with a rookie QB was never going to be an easy task.  That's not totally on Fitts.

I will say that I didn't mind the Sanders signing in FA, but as it turns out, we paid too much.  That one is squarely on Fitterer.

Yeah, I didn't mind trying to get our rookie QB a good RB to lean on but my Eagles fan buddy told me that Sanders wasn't all that, it was more about that OL than it was about him. Sure looks like he was right so far. ImSo far, Sanders looked meh and the Eagles have ran wild without him.

19 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Which Baylor/Temple guys are folks giving Fitterer credit for?

lmao.  Nevermind boss.  It's early and my brain is broken.  I don't know why I had Luvu at Baylor.  He wasn't.  Pretend I never was here. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I didn't mind trying to get our rookie QB a good RB to lean on but my Eagles fan buddy told me that Sanders wasn't all that, it was more about that OL than it was about him. Sure looks like he was right so far. ImSo far, Sanders looked meh and the Eagles have ran wild without him.

I didn't realize the amount of fumbles until last week happened and someone posted it's like 10 in his career.

39 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

1. Could have had Parsons and Howell but we got Horn and Corral

2. CJ Henderson - lol

3. TMJ

4. DJ Johnson (we know this is a wasted pick).

5. Not taking the ridiculous compensation for Burns and now likely to overpay or lose him for a lot less

6. Every 2nd and 3rd day pick he’s ever made

7. Unnecessary Gilmore signing

8. Exercising Darnold’s fifth year option before he ever took a snap 

9. Ian Thomas extension

10. Being completely uncompetitive in 70% of games during his tenure 

I’m sure I’m missing about 100 more. 

I think you misread the intention of the thread

Quietly, I like the subtle depth signings of some vets for cheap.  That being Justin Houston, Deion Jones, Chris Wormley, and Tarik Cohen. All have had success in the League and are coming back from injury. If they can get even close to their former level of play prior to injury, these will be some sneaky good signings.