• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soooo Bryce Young will never QB sneak???

Basbear

The most unstoppable play on 4th and 1(or less) and it's not in the play book?

I cannot find the source, but I saw it was in one of the panthers.com fluff pieces. Defenses dont have to even game plan(even the fake snap/draw them off-sides is null) against this when playing the panthers. The rules crew is reviewing the play call in the off-season cause it has like a 94% success ratio(ala extra point change). 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't seen that anywhere but outside of a massive quarterback like Cam Newton, sneaks are as much about your blockers as they are the quarterback.

Tom brady was the best or near tops and hes about least athletic as a QB could have been, plus I doubt he had a much better squat than young...

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Unstoppable is probably not the best way to describe …. Especially since the bears failed to convert sneaks two weeks in a row with Fields.

How effective is the QB sneak in the National Football League (NFL)? According to Jason Kelce, the QB sneak has a 94% chance of gaining one yard. Other sources have the success rate at anywhere from 84% to 88%.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I want to be part of the 93.84333% success rate for a first down. I didn't know it was illegal for young to do this...

maybe he can get in shotgun formation and run towards the LOS just before the hike......

QB sneak on 4th down is about as unstoppable as a 2TE formation and run up the middle on 4th down.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I want to be part of the 93.84333% success rate for a first down. I didn't know it was illegal for young to do this...

maybe he can get in shotgun formation and run towards the LOS just before the hike......

All I asked was if you wanted Bryce QB sneaking I never said it was illegal for him lol. I’m sure he will QB sneak at some point but I’m not mad if he doesn’t.. not yet at least. Now if we consistently seem to not be able to get a yard or inches converted then I’m wanting him to run them. 

LOL at your second paragraph lolll 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

You only confirmed what I stated.

Still a high success rate that the panthers will not even try. 

Hate to add the rando mess of "complaining about werido _____ " panther fan. To me this a huge issue on any goal-line or inch deals when you cannot use a 94% win rate play....

Asking Bryce to sneak is just asking for injuries.

Having said that, it could end up being quite an effective play for us to pull out of our bag late in big games during his career.  If we almost never do it and teams don't think we'll run it with Bryce, having it in our back pocket for future playoff games would be nice.

But no, I never want to see him do it in random regular season games, not once.

It's also why I never understood us not going after someone like Jamal Williams with that being his super power to get those 1 yard dives.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• There are a lot of moving parts to this type of questions and way too many variables to consider to really predict how the outcome would have been any different in 2023 with Dalton starting more than just one game.  But instead of focusing on that Seattle game, another game, and the game following it, are more intriguing to me.   Week 16 vs Green Bay.  Young had the best game of his rookie season.  23/36 (64%) for 312 with 2 TD and no INT.  Thielen (6/94), Chark (6/98) and Tremble (4/59) all had huge plays in the passing game. The running game was a different story.  Hubbard (16/43) and Sanders (3/3) combined for just 46 yards rushing.  Mays was starting at LG and Jensen at RG.  The offensive line was able to protect Young just enough to keep the Panthers in the game until the very end.  But this wasn't because they were playing at a high level, rather the Packers defense played horrible this game. But this horrible defensive effort by the Packers allowed us to see what could be possible if Young had time to process and throw. Fast forward to Week 17 vs Jacksonville.  The offense was shut out and the offensive line allowed 6 sacks and 8 more QH's.   If you go back and watch these games back to back, the line play if very noticeable.  When Young had time in process and move, he was spot on.  When the line collapsed, like most QBs, he was ineffective. When you draft a QB 1st overall in the draft, especially if you trade up to do so, you hope to get a QB that can make plays despite the struggles around him.  Think Newton his rookie year.  Should the Panthers have traded up in the 2023 draft to the 1st overall and should they have drafted Young at that spot? My opinion is no to the first question and no QB in 2023 was worth trading up to take in the top 10.  Neither Stroud, Richardson or Levis would have been worth it.   But none of them would have fared any better than Young either with the Panthers, in my opinion.  Stroud had a good season in Houston but he didn't have a Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson season.  He needed slightly above average talent in one of the worst divisions to make the playoffs. He had the season we were hoping for in Carolina but wasn't going to get with Young or Stroud. Now, I'm not trying to put Young up on a pedestal here.  There are a lot of questions that still surround him and his ability to be QB1 on the Panthers in the future.  But the issue last year wasn't just the play at the QB position.  And really, I don't think the WR issues were as much as people make them out to be.  The real issue on this offense was the line and the running game.  If your line can't get a push to run the ball or pass block to pass the ball, you have no offense.   Start Young. Start Dalton.  Draft Stroud, Richardson or Levis.  Kidnap Mahomes.  Doesn't matter, I think the end result would have been the same. 
    • If there’s any year to be aggressive with it, it’s this one.
    • Rod didn’t sound so sure on TDA today. Also wtf NHL? You serious haven’t released the schedule yet, I guess they are waiting to see how things shake out tonight?