• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the game being broadcast on a local Charlotte channel?

Zod

Just now, PanthersATL said:

To answer your thread title question:  yes it is.

ESPN games will ALWAYS be aired on a local broadcast partner in the local participating team's market. If ABC isn't available for whatever reason, than a different station will be utilized.  In this case, WAXN is owned by WSOC, so it's natural for that station to be the partner

If the station is not available on the pay-tv service of your choice, then it's still available - for free - via an antenna

WAXN is considered a "strong" signal by the FCC

image.png.2e804b283dd00492c19dcd87e3852f45.png

Zero signal for me in Davidson. Not one bar. Lol

Just now, Zod said:

Zero signal for me in Davidson. Not one bar. Lol

There's a small chance that WSOC/WAXN might put the game on streaming, but doubtful if NFL isn't in their streaming contract.

ABC says they're streaming the other MNF game (but signin from your paid service may be required for viewing -- no word on whether the Panthers game would be included in that, but doubtful due to it not being on the primary ABC signal)

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

Started a 10 day YouTube TV trial. Will cancel after the game.

Man, how far this franchise has fallen. I've never seen a MNF not be on WSOC. 

That's an ABC network thing, likely not a WSOC choice.    And not unique to Panthers -- there are MNF doubleheaders for multiple weeks, the same situation is likely playing out in all those cities too.

The best advice I can offer is to call the WSOC programming line and complain about the Panthers game being on TV64 vs on the main ABC channel.  They'll probably reply that "it was available on 64", but you can still make the case that the local market game would be better on the bigger signal

1 minute ago, PanthersATL said:

That's an ABC network thing, likely not a WSOC choice.    And not unique to Panthers -- there are MNF doubleheaders for multiple weeks, the same situation is likely playing out in all those cities too.

The best advice I can offer is to call the WSOC programming line and complain about the Panthers game being on TV64 vs on the main ABC channel.  They'll probably reply that "it was available on 64", but you can still make the case that the local market game would be better on the bigger signal

ABC, like ESPN, is owned by Disney. Odds are if one is blocked/not available, the other is as well.

If you cannot get a decent OTA signal get a decent antenna

I quit satellite over a year ago when it kept getting more and more expensive and have not looked back

Only problem I have is getting amazon prime games

I can stream any streaming service until anazon prime Thursday games and then it buffers to the point of being unwatchable

8 minutes ago, KushMcDieselson said:

So the rest of us in NC have to watch the fuging browns and Steelers or we have to jump through streaming hoops? What kind of poo is this?

6 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

The game tonight is ESPN. However, these are the local affiliates in the Panther tv network, and the over-the-air broadcast should be on these channels. Disregard the day and time columns.

Panthers Television

12 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

ABC, like ESPN, is owned by Disney. Odds are if one is blocked/not available, the other is as well.

WSOC is an ABC affiliate, and also runs TV64.   They may have been told that the 8p MNF game needs to go on the WSOC signal.  (If WSOC didn't own TV64, then a different channel - likely an independent station - would be the recipient of the ESPN signal)