• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson

WarHeel

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

That’s a huge part of what he gets paid to do, correct?

Not a huge part. No one in their right mind is signing mDJax-- or most any 5'11 cover corner -- to tackle. It's not to be a tackler. There's a reason OCs scheme for the free man to be the corner on outside runs. 

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's more that he's shown the same inconsistent technique and whiffing for years. I don't think anyone would question his willingness.

No I totally get it. I just think it's such a weak thing to bitch abt. It's frustrating, and I'm sure coaches have tried to fix it, but he's a good play otherwise and I promise you this is not an issue exclusive to him. At least it's a corner back and not a starting LB like some teams field. 

4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

You guys are crazy. Tackling is the most important requirement of the position second only to coverage. 

Yes.

And if you are an nfl coach are you going to take your time, you staffs time, and Donte's time on the clock really drilling in the nuances of tackling and trying to hit the root of the cause of why he proceeds to treat himself like a human missile. 

Or are you going to take all those people's time getting him down to the nuances of the scheme, coverges and his responsibilities in an entirely new defensive scheme all while coming off of a major injury?

Like if you're not a D-lineman/Edgerusher your only jobs are to tackle and cover. This is akin to getting mad 8-12 years ago when LBs were only kinda okay at covering.