• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer Set Us Back A Decade w/ Two Trades

App Panther

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No we haven't. You all sound like a bunch of whiny babies. Lions fans have gone through hell. Browns fans went through hell. Jets fans have gone through hell. CARDINALS fans are perpetually in hell. 

We went to a superbowl less than a decade ago and haven't earned a top 5 pick since we took Cam.

God forbid the rookie QB doesn't look like an all-pro with a cast of jags who have never played together before. 

Well when the other 2 QBs are doing well and the one we drafted is struggling mightily I don’t blame people for how they are acting. 

8 hours ago, Chad_Cota said:

Scott Fitterer’s resume: 

trade for Gilmore, did not resign. 
trade for CJ Henderson for a 3rd, dan Arnold. 
Trade for Shenault. 
Trade for Bryce. (2 1st, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore)

Traded CMC for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 

Rams offered 2 1st, 2nd for burns. Last year of contract, no extension. 

Traded a 3rd to move up for Matt Corral who is out of the league after a year. Howell drafted 2 rounds later and is 2-0. 

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We have a first round pick in 2025.

At worst we find out Bryce sucks next year and then draft his replacement then.

my dumb hot take again this week is we do a complete reset in 2025.  Everyone is gone.  Total rebuild.  Fitt aint it, Reich aint it and young aint it.   fuging sucks but I can totally see that being the case.

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

God forbid the rookie QB doesn't look like an all-pro with a cast of jags who have never played together before. 

The problem is, he doesnt even remotely look like a nfl qb with this all star coaching staff.  And the issues are all across the board, bad play calling, no arm strength, bad decision making etc people can make excuses but thats the reality

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

my dumb hot take again this week is we do a complete reset in 2025.  Everyone is gone.  Total rebuild.  Fitt aint it, Reich aint it and young aint it.   fuging sucks but I can totally see that being the case.

it could happen.  and if it does then these trades will not have set us back a decade.

9 hours ago, App Panther said:

Ya sorry, another Fitt thread, but this my outlet at the moment. 

Trading CMC and then trading the farm for Bryce Young who looks pedestrian at best may set us back an entire decade.

This is franchise killing stuff in two moves. Like the Seahawks sent us a trojan horse. 

Fools like this are why this site is really little more than a news source of people trying to beat each other to post whatever, than a real and thought out discussion.  JRE this is not!

Most people come here to get news many of your fools compete to post about first. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The problem is, he doesnt even remotely look like a nfl qb with this all star coaching staff.  And the issues are all across the board, bad play calling, no arm strength, bad decision making etc people can make excuses but thats the reality

He flashed a few times.  Not like he is playing Zach Wilson level football.

1 hour ago, Pantherxtreme said:

I disagree you don't need a fulll rebuild in the NFL, teams turn it around all the time in one season. What you need is to be able to identify talent in FA and draft well. 

What was the point of bringing in a player like Hasaan Reddick to ball out for one year if you weren't going to sign him long term, at a premium position none the less.

We gave up draft capital for players like Henderson, and ultimately sold the farm for Young if you get things like that wrong you set your franchise back. 

But we are consistently giving up draft capital and pushing up near the salary cap. You can’t secure long-term pieces and draft enough roster spots when that’s the mode of operation. 

9 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

CMC trade doesnt matter in the long run but the Bryce trade will be an all time disaster. Like Everrette Brown trade times 5 million

CMC would make a world of difference, not to mention the lack of value we got in return. He sure seemed to help in the development of Purdy.

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No we haven't. You all sound like a bunch of whiny babies. Lions fans have gone through hell. Browns fans went through hell. Jets fans have gone through hell. CARDINALS fans are perpetually in hell. 

We went to a superbowl less than a decade ago and haven't earned a top 5 pick since we took Cam.

So a fan telling another fan how to feel and be a fan?  Is that what you are saying?  You are telling me Your way of being a fan is THE ONLY way?