• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns will be sacrificed for a WR to two.

Tbe

Just my opinion, but I think the writing is on the wall for Burns. No way they pay him $30m+/yr while allowing Bryce to run for his life because we have no skill position players. This is probably why negotiations have stalled.

He’ll either be traded mid season for a WR + picks or tag+ traded in the off-season for the same. 

Between Fitt and Frank, their jobs depend on Bryce doing well so I think they’ll pull every lever they have to get him weapons even if it hurts the defense.

Not a lot of WR FA’s next year except Tee Higgins. He’ll want $22m+.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

can they afford him?  Cause that deal seems fair maybe if you add in a 2nd or 3rd

I'm not sure...just trying to think of teams that might be desperate enough to package a 1st for Burns. Looks like they've got $85m-plus cap space next season but a poo ton of FAs. I don't think you're getting Higgins, a 1, and a 2/3 for Burns though given he also needs/wants a massive deal. We'd probably have to send a pick back at that point. 

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I'm not sure...just trying to think of teams that might be desperate enough to package a 1st for Burns. Looks like they've got $85m-plus cap space next season but a poo ton of FAs. I don't think you're getting Higgins, a 1, and a 2/3 for Burns though given he also needs/wants a massive deal. We'd probably have to send a pick back at that point. 

If I am fitt I am on the phone right now to see whats up. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Just my opinion, but I think the writing is on the wall for Burns. No way they pay him $30m+/yr while allowing Bryce to run for his life because we have no skill position players. This is probably why negotiations have stalled.

He’ll either be traded mid season for a WR + picks or tag+ traded in the off-season for the same. 

Between Fitt and Frank, their jobs depend on Bryce doing well so I think they’ll pull every lever they have to get him weapons even if it hurts the defense.

Not a lot of WR FA’s next year except Tee Higgins. He’ll want $22m+.

I mean, how about Tee Higgins and a first from the Bengals?

• Pie 2

It's going to be a buyers market for him this time around because whoever gets him knows they'll have to pay him after half a season.

If we could get back into the 1st round and a handful of pocket lint, I'd do it. Burns could have a great career just getting swapped around to teams that feel they are a pass rusher away from a title.

2 hours ago, Burnout189 said:

If they wind up trading Burns for less, after they passed on the awesome trade deal we received for him earlier, then they're fuging idiots.

At this point it doesn’t matter. It was a bad move to decline that trade but we can’t let that prevent any future moves.