• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If they leaned hard into a rebuild, this would be much easier to swallow

Knaakedup

Sorry guys.  The problem is the QB.  The shiny new toy we traded up for ain't gonna work out.  No one wants to admit how important the QB is in this league.  The fact is this is probably the best coaching staff the Panthers have ever assembled, and might be the best staff in the league.  The front office is by far the best one we've ever had.  We swung and missed on a high school freshman at QB and now we're doomed.  That's all there is to it.  Just pray to God that Bryce figures out how to be a good QB.  

Edited by DeAngelo Beason

2 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

I agree with this post. The only thing I see is that with our current roster, Reich's play calling is failing hands down. We simply don't have the speedy skill players needed for his play calling. I would really like to see Brown get the calls sooner than later. I know Reich said he'd hand it over after 4-5 games, but with the past 2 weeks, why wait? 

Also, I will watch every Sunday because when the team finally clicks, all the doom and gloomers will be back on here going overboard in the other direction! lol!

One of the things I want to see is whether the offense looks better or worse with Dalton. From what I have read much of the ultimate play choosing is based on reading the defense and audibelizing to what works. There are several options we can do from a particular formation so we line up the same whether we run or pass. The question is playcalling or execution? This Sunday may shed some light.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Sorry guys.  The problem is the QB.  The shiny new toy we traded up for ain't gonna work out.  No one wants to admit how important the QB is in this league.  The fact is this is probably the best coaching staff the Panthers have ever assembled, and might be the best staff in the league.  The front office is by far the best one we've ever had.  We swung and missed on a high school freshman at QB and now we're doomed.  That's all there is to it.  Just pray to God that Bryce figures out how to be a good QB.  

Now we have gone from judging a draft pick after 3 seasons to calling them a bust after 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Biggest issue is we did go rebuild.

the Panthers just didn’t want to use that language to the fanbase that hasn’t seen a winning season in a long time and coming off Rhule.  They wanted excitement going into this season.

I could partially agree with that. Then maybe it falls on Tepper for hiring an old man that looks like he has more fun giving out non full-size candy bars on halloween to see the disappointment in children's faces than he does calling offensive plays.

Frank wasn't the right hire to re-energize this base. Bryce was the option by pure happenstance of available QBs in the class, but I just haven't seen anything yet from him that gives me hope. I don't mean to always fall back on old memories here, but watching Cam, he immediately came out and HAD IT, whatever that IT was and I just knew we finally had our guy and didnt care that we lost those games. I was hopeful and excited about what was to come, and I have nothing like that here.

• Beer 1

As was stated in the original post there is not one player that you would pay to watch even if the team is poo. Through all the years of crap we had a few players you were excited to watch.

This team, nothing. At a stretch Luvu and Burns. Thought Chinn would maybe be that player at one point but it hasn’t happened yet.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

I could partially agree with that. Then maybe it falls on Tepper for hiring an old man that looks like he has more fun giving out non full-size candy bars on halloween to see the disappointment in children's faces than he does calling offensive plays.

Frank wasn't the right hire to re-energize this base. Bryce was the option by pure happenstance of available QBs in the class, but I just haven't seen anything yet from him that gives me hope. I don't mean to always fall back on old memories here, but watching Cam, he immediately came out and HAD IT, whatever that IT was and I just knew we finally had our guy and didnt care that we lost those games. I was hopeful and excited about what was to come, and I have nothing like that here.

35 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

. I know Reich said he'd hand it over after 4-5 games, but with the past 2 weeks, why wait? 

Frank has been asked countless times about when he would turn over playcalling.  I’ve never seen him ever put a time stamp on it.  It’s always vague and that one day he would like to turn it over.  

Franks play calling is trash and has been trash for some time.   It also highlights 2 bad traits. Stubborn and lacks self awareness.  You would have thought post Indy he would have focused his efforts on being the HC if he was afforded a 2nd shot 

• Pie 3

So I liked what Wilks did last year, and he gave the team a spark, and made football fun to watch again. And he was far from perfect, but simply an imperfect upgrade from Rhule. It was more of the old school pound the rock and play defense style, but that matched with our lack of talent at QB. Made sense. 

But I understood moving on, especially to a more offensively minded staff, and once Evero was hired, I was happy that we didn’t neglect the only positive (yet imperfect) thing about our team: defense. 

And that side of the ball remains good enough to win football games. 

I am just absolutely stunned by this offense right now. I didn’t expect greatness, but competence. The coaching staff has been praised like crazy, so I expected more. 

But through two weeks, I am not seeing scheme adapted to players, but, ONCE AGAIN, players seem forced to do things they aren’t great at. Sanders is being run up the guy like CMC was, on obvious run downs. WR screen are being run for Theilen, instead of far more YAC able players. 

There is no motion or misdirection, or rather very little of it. Laviska does special things with the ball…manufacture touches for him in space. I see other teams do this all the time. 

Stretch Sanders outside so he can use his footspeed. 

We paid for a TE. Get him the ball. 

I am just stunned, but it’s not like I watch Colts games the last few years, so maybe that’s on me. 

• Pie 4