• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE Official David Tepper Sucks Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of beef with him, but right now I'm not even too mad at him specifically?

The Rhule hire was a disaster. He knows, you know it. We all know it. But it's not like he doubled down and made the same mistake again. Instead of hiring an unknown, this time around he tried to play it safe by hiring a guy that had like 5 winning seasons in 6 years at his previous post. While being one of the most respected and universally loved coaches in the league. The complete inverse of Rhule. He showed a clear willingness to learn from his mistakes and hired who we thought would at least be a solid coach while surrounding said coach with an all star cast of assistants. We all loved these moves.

It's like a curse has been placed on the franchise because I'm at a loss for how and why things look so bad right now. This same group basically went 7-10 last year and now we clearly look like the leagues worst team except maybe the Bears. What happened? 

Like, if Tepper had gone from Rhule to some other unknown wildcard coach I'd be way more angry. But that's not what he did. I'm at a complete loss for what is happening right now and why it's happening.

• Pie 1

David Tepper is ass. Easily the worst owner in the NFL now that Dan Snyder is out. This asshat does not know football. He is now 0-2 on the coaching hires. First he hires Rhule because "he dresses like me" and now he hires old man Frank Reich who runs his offense like it's still the 70s. What the fug did Tepper see in Frank Reich that he thought he would do good here in Carolina? We know what kind of coach he is. We saw what he did in Indianapolis. Tepper is a fuging moron and needs to sell this team. We will NEVER have a winning season under this clown. Mark my words. Never. Until this piece of poo sells the team, we will always be at the bottom of the barrel. Amazing how one guy can easily destroy a franchise in just 5 years.

2 minutes ago, TeppersEgos said:

David Tepper is ass. Easily the worst owner in the NFL now that Dan Snyder is out. This asshat does not know football. He is now 0-2 on the coaching hires. First he hires Rhule because "he dresses like me" and now he hires old man Frank Reich who runs his offense like it's still the 70s. What the fug did Tepper see in Frank Reich that he thought he would do good here in Carolina? We know what kind of coach he is. We saw what he did in Indianapolis. Tepper is a fuging moron and needs to sell this team. We will NEVER have a winning season under this clown. Mark my words. Never. Until this piece of poo sells the team, we will always be at the bottom of the barrel. Amazing how one guy can easily destroy a franchise in just 5 years.

I was told on here that it wasn’t up to Tepper, he wanted Johnson. Even it that’s true, Tepper still gave this the ok. 

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I was told on here that it wasn’t up to Tepper, he wanted Johnson. Even it that’s true, Tepper still gave this the ok. 

I heard he wanted Johnson too. But once Johnson saw the dumpster fire that is this organization, he nope'd back to the Lions. Still, Tepper should have went and hired Shane Steichen. Not the offensive version of Ron Rivera.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

The Rhule hire was a disaster. He knows, you know it. We all know it. But it's not like he doubled down and made the same mistake again. Instead of hiring an unknown, this time around he tried to play it safe by hiring a guy that had like 5 winning seasons in 6 years at his previous post. While being one of the most respected and universally loved coaches in the league. The complete inverse of Rhule. He showed a clear willingness to learn from his mistakes and hired who we thought would at least be a solid coach while surrounding said coach with an all star cast of assistants. We all loved these moves.

Huh? Not me. I wanted Steichen or Ben Johnson. Anybody who watched Reich and his Colts CHOKE against the 2-14 Jags to miss the playoffs should have known better.

Edited by Castavar

7 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Huh? Not me. I wanted Steichen or Ben Johnson. Anybody who watched Reich and his Colts CHOKE against the 2-14 Jags to miss the playoffs should have known better.

So did I. Steichen was my preferred choice. I was happy we went with a coach who had on offensive mentality, but I guess it's it's which definition of offensive we should have been more specific about. 

• Pie 2

I guess we have to play the hand we're dealt, but if I could vent:

I'm the kinda guy that thinks when something works, don't "fix" it. Steve Wilks worked. His concentration on the run worked. Even Sam Darnold had his best run behind that o-line. The defense was stout. And we almost won the NFC South (if we didn't lose both starter CB's maybe we win the division). The future looked good. Especially with improvements from free agency and the draft. 

Now...I think Reich could be a good coach. But it feels like we're starting all over again. Why? Because there's something about Wilks that Tepper, or whoever, didn't like.

• Pie 1