• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict Young’s stat line Sunday

*FreeFua*

Like most weeks I don’t think it’s about Bryce but those around him if they play him.  

OL is allowing insane pressure.  Even with Dalton.  Andy survived a week as a 10+ year pro bowl vet.  But that amount of pressure getting into the backfield would lead to bad outcomes for him more times than not.  Minny comes  at the QB at a rate higher than anyone and is finally getting a weaker OL matchup after facing some tough ones.  Even Frank today was like, let’s be honest, they are going to get us and it’s about limiting how often.  Which isn’t exactly the mindset you love to hear. 

Just seems like a bad matchup for great numbers for the QB.   Think Carolina needs to find a run game and lean on it to have a real chance.   And for Frank to give the play calling to Brown to scheme up some guys off the play action.    Probably move the pocket more too. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Mixon hasn’t been kind to me in fantasy yet. 

I’m not mad at 10.3, 13.5, and 14 points from him (PPR), sure I wish he had a boom game by now, but none of those are busts really, he’s been better than half of the top 25 drafted RBs this year.

He isn’t going to get much rushing yards against the Titans this week, it’s a matter of how many catches he gets and if he can get into the end zone.

My other RBs are Kyren and James Cook, both feel like safer plays than Mixon this week, and I’m not playing Thielen over Waddle, Olave, or Ridley.

So I’m debating Mixon in a tough matchup or Thielen in a great matchup and against his old team for my 2nd flex spot.

Edited by tukafan21

People predicting pass attempts sub 30 must think he isn't going to finish the game or our defense is going to completely shut down the Vikings

His 2 games so far were both somewhat low scoring defensive battles where he had 33 and 38 pass attempts

The Vikings have a great offense that will put up points on us and a bad pass defense, Reich just showed us the kind of offense he wants to run, a lot of passes, Bryce is throwing it at least 30 times, potentially 40+

28 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

People predicting pass attempts sub 30 must think he isn't going to finish the game or our defense is going to completely shut down the Vikings

His 2 games so far were both somewhat low scoring defensive battles where he had 33 and 38 pass attempts

The Vikings have a great offense that will put up points on us and a bad pass defense, Reich just showed us the kind of offense he wants to run, a lot of passes, Bryce is throwing it at least 30 times, potentially 40+

Frank doesn’t want to do what we did vs Seattle.  That’s how you lose. Frank wants to run the ball.   He just can’t here.  Given the pressure Dalton faced we got lucky.  You allow those absurd pressures again, you are going to see the other side of that pressure coin. 

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Frank doesn’t want to do what we did vs Seattle.  That’s how you lose. Frank wants to run the ball.   He just can’t here.  Given the pressure Dalton faced we got lucky.  You allow those absurd pressures again, you are going to see the other side of that pressure coin. 

We took the wrong QB if we want to be a run based team, I don't think Reich wants to be a run based team either, he wants to air it out.

Bryce's biggest asset is supposed to be his brain and reading defenses, you don't put that type of QB into a run based offense where, they belong in a pass based offense to read where the holes in the defense will be and to pick them apart.

If you want to be a run based team, you don't trade up as high and you draft AR.

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

We took the wrong QB if we want to be a run based team, I don't think Reich wants to be a run based team either, he wants to air it out.

Bryce's biggest asset is supposed to be his brain and reading defenses, you don't put that type of QB into a run based offense where, they belong in a pass based offense to read where the holes in the defense will be and to pick them apart.

If you want to be a run based team, you don't trade up as high and you draft AR.

I think you’re right 

IMG_7406.jpeg.a2afaa07ae0c5d5e3f7244d8f563f90b.jpeg

Here are Matt Ryan game logs from last season. Those 58 pass attempts came in a win 

Just looking at those stats and then knowing Dalton threw it 58 times this past Sunday I think it’s fair to expect 35+ pass attempts on most Sundays from our QB

Edited by *FreeFua*