• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Passer Rating against Bell

TheCasillas

I remember wanting Jayron Kearse to be drafted so bad by the Panthers and was grateful when they hadn't due to how his career seemed to have gone in Minnesota and Detroit before eventually ending up on Baltimore's practice squad. Looks like he found a way to make it all work with the Cowboys. Happy for him!

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve heard of Bates unfortunately for all the wrong reasons as a Panthers fan…

Lol yeah I was expecting him to be at the top of the list before I even clicked the thread.  People were saying during/after that game that we signed the wrong Bengals safety, so that might have been premature if Bell turns out to be really solid for us.  Bell feels like probably the more consistent, but less flashy player.  Bates seems like more of a gambler who will make some big game-changing plays but potentially also give up some big ones if he takes a risk jumping a route.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol yeah I was expecting him to be at the top of the list before I even clicked the thread.  People were saying during/after that game that we signed the wrong Bengals safety, so that might have been premature if Bell turns out to be really solid for us.  Bell feels like probably the more consistent, but less flashy player.  Bates seems like more of a gambler who will make some big game-changing plays but potentially also give up some big ones if he takes a risk jumping a route.

Imagine if Bell had Horn in front of him still. Also Woods being out might make life harder on him…

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Bell's always been a solid safety in the league. Woods was playing well too before getting hurt

Yeah, he was a top 10 safety heading into week 3. His coverage skills were graded really well. 

kind of crazy that we actually have a good duo at the safeties spots… sucks we only got to see it for two weeks 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I apparently need to brush up on my NFL safeties because I legit haven't heard of half of these guys.

Lol right, I swear every year there is always one stud safety coming out in the draft, and then you never hear from them again... I still remember when I wanted Malik Hooker so bad lol

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah, he was a top 10 safety heading into week 3. His coverage skills were graded really well. 

kind of crazy that we actually have a good duo at the safeties spots… sucks we only got to see it for two weeks 

Don't worry, Woods and Horn will be back in time for our playoff push!

(😅)