• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 5

Shocker

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The dude has been a helluva college QB, I just don't think he has the physical talent to translate. His best case scenario is carving out a career as a backup but is he really more talented than Will Grier? I don't think so and Grier is struggling mightily to hang onto an NFL career.

I think Grier was more talented. 

27 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

You guys should have seen the game thread on the Notre Dame thread.  It was a complete meltdown and then the miracle happened.  Notre Dame plays at Louisville next week.  The Irish better figure it out or they're going to get beat.  

ND just isn't that good and their ranking is all about the golden helmets. They should be well accustomed to that reality by this point.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

ND just isn't that good and their ranking is all about the golden helmets. They should be well accustomed to that reality by this point.

It was thought that, with a new OC and the transfer of Sam Hartmann, that Notre Dame would be much better this year.  They have a good tight-end but no real playmakers at receiver.  They're a good team but not playoff caliber.  For that matter, neither are my Buckeyes.  But back to Notre Dame, they host USC in 2 weeks and later they play at Clemson.  Right now I think Notre Dame is an 8 or 9-win team.  

Ohio State's #1 problem is the loss of CJ Stroud to the draft.  Our QB play is nowhere near what CJ did.  As well, our OL is not nearly as good, which isn't suprising based on the guys we lost to the NFL, including left tackle Paris Johnson, taken #6 by Arizona.  

2 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

It was thought that, with a new OC and the transfer of Sam Hartmann, that Notre Dame would be much better this year.  They have a good tight-end but no real playmakers at receiver.  They're a good team but not playoff caliber.  For that matter, neither are my Buckeyes.  But back to Notre Dame, they host USC in 2 weeks and later they play at Clemson.  Right now I think Notre Dame is an 8 or 9-win team.  

Ohio State's #1 problem is the loss of CJ Stroud to the draft.  Our QB play is nowhere near what CJ did.  As well, our OL is not nearly as good, which isn't suprising based on the guys we lost to the NFL, including left tackle Paris Johnson, taken #6 by Arizona.  

ND has never been playoff caliber. Every time they've ever made the playoffs they've gotten absolutely wrecked. But that's never mattered. Every opportunity the committee has ever had they've put them in anyway.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

ND has never been playoff caliber. Every time they've ever made the playoffs they've gotten absolutely wrecked. But that's never mattered. Every opportunity the committee has ever had they've put them in anyway.

Agreed.  I'm trying to remember a meaningful game that Notre Dame won in the past 5 years.