• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cries

Panthers Fan 69

21 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

people probably want to leave bc of how toxic this place has become. Everyone just goes after each other and there is very little respect for each other in this place. I am even considering it... its not a healthy place to be. 

People are looking for arguments not discussion points.

I agree it's toxic now. But what else would it be given the circumstances given our losing history and what we gave up to pick #1 with an 0-4 start?

This kid was mentioned in the same breath as Drew Brees Steph Curry and even Michael Jordan at one point by people here. You couldn't say anything perceived to burst a bubble or you just didn't know football.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and people want the place cleaned up. Sounds hypocritical.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The Bills are one of the top 3 teams in the league and would probably hang 50 on us by the 4Q. 

There isn't any convincing argument that the Bills are up there with the Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers. They beat the Dolphins at home, it's a divisional game, the score really doesn't mean a whole lot. Bills are in that 2nd tier of teams that could maybe contend but are by no means "favorites." Cowboys, Ravens, Lions, Dolphins, Seahawks, Jags, Bills all in that 2nd tier of maybe contenders. Chiefs are sole AFC favorites with their kryptonite Bengals struggling and 49ers/Eagles are clear NFC favorites.

Just now, frankw said:

I agree it's toxic now. But what else would it be given the circumstances given our losing history and what we gave up to pick #1 with an 0-4 start?

This kid was mentioned in the same breath as Drew Brees Steph Curry and even Michael Jordan at one point by people here. You couldn't say anything perceived to burst a bubble or you just didn't know football.

Now the shoe is on the other foot ane people want the place cleaned up. Sounds hypocritical.

I am pretty sure there were plenty of threads bashing all of the qbs during the offseason. That PantherGOATfan account was bashing anyone who didnt pick stroud and creating threads daily. 

I think the fact that a lot of people right now badly want to have their "i told you so" moments and go after people here is wildly obnoxious.  Just bc the team is losing doesnt mean you should be rude to other humans because you can hide behind an avatar. It's really a wild concept tbh.

The other piece is that we choose to be so divided that we only see what narrative we want to believe in. So instead of looking at the positives today from Bryce, we drown ourselves in the negative and say "if he doesnt have it now, he wont have it ever." Which is so short sighted. There is nothing in our personal lives that we give that treatment, but we give it to this kid?

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah man... and at some point the mods are going to need to be held accountable... if we lose some of the posters here who bring quality content... this place will be dreadful. 

I know a couple who have already left. If there is no real substance left to read and just a bunch of doom and gloom then yeah I get it. People can be critical and still provide good info/analytics. Playing calling, different players struggling etc all make sense. Now we have mods starting threads about one of our players crying and taunting people who don’t like it. Yeah it’s turning into some middle school nonsense…

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I am pretty sure there were plenty of threads bashing all of the qbs during the offseason. That PantherGOATfan account was bashing anyone who didnt pick stroud and creating threads daily. 

I think the fact that a lot of people right now badly want to have their "i told you so" moments and go after people here is wildly obnoxious.  Just bc the team is losing doesnt mean you should be rude to other humans because you can hide behind an avatar. It's really a wild concept tbh.

The other piece is that we choose to be so divided that we only see what narrative we want to believe in. So instead of looking at the positives today from Bryce, we drown ourselves in the negative and say "if he doesnt have it now, he wont have it ever." Which is so short sighted. There is nothing in our personal lives that we give that treatment, but we give it to this kid?

I can't speak for others but the last thing I want is to be proven right about Bryce Young. And I was for Stroud. I want a franchise QB I would accept whomever short small big tall just give me a winner. But the folks who are now looking down on others for expressing legitimate concern about his viability as a franchise QB are not helping matters either. This is not a good time for anyone. And to be clear. We all make mistakes and plenty of people have been wrong about draft picks over the years. Even people like Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly who have been vocally pro Bryce Young. No one is perfect. Honestly if we were a fan of any other team we would be laughing at the fact this is even a debate. This whole debacle as worse than I could have expected. It's very unfortunate. I do not wish any ill on any player coach or front office member beyond criticism of the team. But for a product that is marketed and sold to fanbases and after all the money these teams get from cities across the country for these expensive stadiums I think online criticism is the least people with the Panthers should be worried about. This is a business as the saying goes or so I've been told over and over and over by Panthers fans.

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

Now the shoe is on the other foot and people want the place cleaned up. Sounds hypocritical.

They want the place cleaned up, while literally slinging virtual poo everywhere on posts that hurt their feelings.  Irony at its finest as well.

But, it's what I would expect for a team going on their 6th straight losing season, staring down the 7th level of ownership hell in the process.

• Beer 1