• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Do We recover from This Situation??

Hoenheim

It's at least 3 years.

And if we really want to expedite the turnaround, the next year is going to be super painful...  we have to hope for the team to lose a ton next season to get a shot at the top QB in 2025.  So that's a minimum 3 years of sub-.500 football, and two years (including this one) of .250-ish football if we want to speed it up.  If we miss on our pick in 2025, that's another 3 years lol.  Good times.

The wild thing is I think Tepper fell in love with Bryce similar to how he did with Rhule. I know that's a hc and a QB but I'm saying he just seemed enamored with both of them. Made it look like much less of a rational decision based on football and more of a personal one with who he personally got along with 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I think the trick here is you kind of don’t do anything.  We’ve been circling the drain so hard for a few years while also shedding draft picks and assets in a poor manner that we are stuck being very bad for a few more seasons.  On top of that we have hired a bad head coach and odds are the wrong qb too. You kind of have to eat this for the season. 

10 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I think the trick here is you kind of don’t do anything.  We’ve been circling the drain so hard for a few years while also shedding draft picks and assets in a poor manner that we are stuck being very bad for a few more seasons.  On top of that we have hired a bad head coach and odds are the wrong qb too. You kind of have to eat this for the season. 

I really agree with this point. BUT with fit and Reichs jobs on the line I don't trust them to just sit around and wait and get fired bc of it. It would take an executive order from tepper to stop them from continuing to trade picks away and continue fuging up the draft picks they do have 

We don't. We dug our grave, now we have to lay in it. There is no fix. Fire the coach and GM now, NO MORE trades. Try to recoup as much draft picks as you can. Start COMPLETELY over, and hopefully Tepper doesn't fug up his next GM and coach (which are not great odds). Basically, the Panthers you've come to love is long gone. There is no identity with this franchise anymore. We are the new Browns. This will take decades to turn around.

13 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Trade away every player another team wants for draft picks. We are screwed this year since Chicago owns our pick. Next year we can try to recover come draft time. Bryce is already done. He has been exposed. Good kid, smart kid, not a franchise QB. 

Forget about the we should have traded Burns last year and that we screwed the pooch with all the draft pick trades. That’s done and we have to recognize that no Tepper/Fitt, this is not a build, this is a rebuild and should have been as far back as 2020 and then again in 2022.

We fuged up not trading Burns last year but we can’t sign a $30M edge rusher when we aren’t a playoff contender. Trade Burns and maybe Moton, Brown and Horn. Depends on the market but we need picks for our next GM to build a team.

As much as it sucks to say, results don't matter this year. Priority A, B, C, and D is developing Bryce Young. You do that by playing him and watching the progression. For the record, I am high on Bryce still and I think you've seen some good things from him, cannot convince me otherwise. Hopefully, the the immediate results to get better with Corbett coming back and the hope that the offensive staff makes adjustments to open up this offense.

Moving forward its about supporting Bryce up front and giving him weapons. I would seriously consider finding a way to get into a position to draft someone like Marvin Harrison Jr. With that said, assets need to be used wisely. Don't make dumb trades for the sake of trading. Its about the long game.