• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Fox will jump ship

unicar15

I don't think any teams are going to extend to Fox any offers until some of these bigger name coaches are hired (Cowher, Shanahan, etc.).

This... and if Cleveland doesn't get rid of Mangini, Oakland would likely be the only other candidate...

Let's face it... If he would want to go to Oakland instead of stay with Carolina, then let him go and make Al Davis pay out the ass...

This... and if Cleveland doesn't get rid of Mangini, Oakland would likely be the only other candidate...

Let's face it... If he would want to go to Oakland instead of stay with Carolina, then let him go and make Al Davis pay out the ass...

I doubt Fox would ever go back to the Raiders. He actually took a hiatus from coaching years ago b/c he got tired of working for/dealing with Al Davis.

I am also in the minority that wants Fox to stay put. If we were to bring a new head coach in, the only one I would be ok with is McDermott.. the DC from the Eagles. His defense could use our players and there would not be a mass overhaul on defense.

I think there are more teams thinking about changing coaches than people think.

The obvious are Buffalo, Oakland, Was, and possibly Cleveland.

I think that Seattle, Jacksonville, and Tampa could be looking to get new coaches as well. None of those jobs are shabby and if they are willing to give Fox a long-term deal, I wouldn't doubt he'd take it over risking his reputation on our QB situation for next year.

I don't think any teams are going to extend to Fox any offers until some of these bigger name coaches are hired (Cowher, Shanahan, etc.).

I don't think any teams are going to extend to Fox any offers because he is under contract. They would need permission from the Panthers to talk to him and then would have to negotiate the buy out. It ain't gonna happen.

Is Fox going to be any better in games 1-11 in 2010 than he was this year?

He plays entirely different when the season is lost, he plays to win not plays not to loose.

He still will be ultra conservative.

He still will keep the rookies on the bench if at all possible.

He still will run the ball on 3rd down if we have any kind of a lead.

And worst of all he may even find a way to play Jake.

Fox has been a good coach for the Panthers but if he leaves I won't loose any sleep over it.

Archived