• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WRs

tarheelfan23

59 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Kupp is still good, but he also gets to go up against Linebackers and Safeties a lot because of McVay's Scheme.  Same deal is happening with Puka.

I honestly don't care how the production comes. Just give me production. Jefferson and Chase are probably the two best WRs in the NFL currently and they're playing more and more in the slot.

Yeah, the Bengals aren't trading for Burns because they'll never pay him what he wants. I doubt Jeudy can be had that cheap and I'm honestly not sure he's worth as much as people think. He's got talent, but has never truly established himself as a #1 WR and has had injury issues.

I still say the player to keep an eye on is D.K. Metcalf; Seattle has flirted with trading him in the past and might be interested in Burns.

We are said to be looking for a playmaker/difference maker at the WR position to help Bryce. This is scathing indictment of our front office. We've drafted WR's in the 2nd round two out of the last 3 years. Why draft a receiver that high in the draft if you don't view him as a "difference maker on the field"?

We could have got production comparable to TMJ and Mingo from guys taken after the 3rd round (or even undrafted FA's)  and used those 2nd round picks in 2021 and 2023 to address other holes on the team. Their lack of impact on the offense indicates that they were over-evaluated or they're not being coached well enough to live up to their potential. 

This report is pure clickbait.  The only true WR1 is Davante Adams, and he's not coming here to this disaster.  Tee Higgins has potential but are we sure he's a WR1?  He will also command big money.  The one guy who has shown he can compete against the top CB's and be successful is Cortland Sutton.  There is an injury history, but he seems to be getting better every game as he moves away from the knee injury.  He's also very likely to be available.  I definitely don't want Jeudy. 

Claypool actually has more raw talent then any WR we currently have but he's a head case and also more of a WR2.  If the Chiefs traded for him tomorrow everyone would lose their minds tho.  Darnell mooney is another talented guy who is available but he's not a WR1 either.  Mooney is still better then anything we have honestly.  Hollywood Brown is a low end WR1 i guess...

Edited by NJPanthers89

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Now we can get a 5'9/180lb WR to join our 5'10/185lb QB. 😆

He'd definitely have more impact on the field this season  than TMJ or Mingo. I just hate to think what Fitz is willing to give up to get him. Fitz has shown he's not the best at gauging talent based on some of the terrible trades he's made for other teams casts offs and the trade ups in the draft. I get queasy  🤢thinking about what he might do when he's desperate to hold on to his GM position.  

Edited by SCO96

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's an upgrade and WR1 this year.  I think he'd be a good fit too, but I hope they still target another WR1 maybe next offseason

I'd think of him as a Devonta Smith but still needing to find an AJ Brown

Edited by Untouchable

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Yeah, the Bengals aren't trading for Burns because they'll never pay him what he wants. I doubt Jeudy can be had that cheap and I'm honestly not sure he's worth as much as people think. He's got talent, but has never truly established himself as a #1 WR and has had injury issues.

I still say the player to keep an eye on is D.K. Metcalf; Seattle has flirted with trading him in the past and might be interested in Burns.

At this point is any team dumb enough to pay him what he wants??

He is nowhere near the level of the top tier edge guys. 

• Pie 1

Go bigger, see what they would do for Chase. Burns for Chase straight up is my dream but I have no idea how the value works out on that. I imagine we'd need to send a pick back, which I honestly wouldn't be THAT upset about with how bad Fitt has been drafting outside the first. If the Bengals think Burrows hammy is long term and need to shut him down, they'd be in position for Marvin Harrison Jr. anyway

• Poo 1