• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton and RG3 discuss Justin Fields and Bryce Young

Icege

Cam says Fields is thinking too much and that Cam told Chud, Shula, Norv, and Ron, "Stop trying to coach me like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc" when he was playing. Points out Lamar Jackson as somebody that understands his playstyle and coaches that understand how to utilize it. He challenged his coaches to not overcomplicate the game of football. Admired Belichick and Rivera for allowing their players to be players rather than just telling them how they were going to do it. 

~8:30 Cam says, "A lot of these franchises are putting a lot of pressure on a quarterback that they're not putting on the coach that's coaching the quarterback." Once Shula and Dorsey understood, he had 2015. Even said that they'd call poo plays and he'd have to bail them out. His best convos with coaches began with, "What do you want?" and they didn't try to have him explain why he didn't like a play.

11:00min mark RG3 asks what Bryce Young needs to be the best he can be in Carolina. Cam's answer: "Leadership. I don't question Andy Dalton. I don't question the coach. I don't question the ownership. But the best thing even for me when I was a young rookie was leadership." Cites Gross, John (Beason I'm assuming? Maybe Stewart?), TD, Ryan Kalil, and Smitty that would let him know, "That ain't it." Such as showing up early from meetings. Says if he was in the position he'd ask if he was comfortable and ready to play. Pointed out multiple QBs that sat to start and how we expect instant grits when we should be waiting on the Thanksgiving meal. When folks start seeing certain things in practice that others will recognize that he's ready.

RG3 pointed out how Tyreek Hill thought Mahomes would never be a starter and that it takes times for QBs to be the guys. Also says he thinks Bryce needs a bonafide #1 WR to make life easier. Both believe the team is solid, but Cam said the team would be solid with current talent if Bryce had been in the league for 5 years but he's still a step behind reacting as he figures it out. RG3 says needs an HBO (help a brother out) player to help him with being able to just go to that guy to give Bryce more simplicity when he needs it.

• Pie 9

Great content. Lots of great stuff.A few things:

- as an educator, I really appreciate what Cam is saying about how people learn and how players should work with coaches and vice versa. Outstanding point.

- Coach Rivera still doesn't get the credit he deserves as a players' coach. And also seems like an absolute mensch. But I do still have a big issue with him which leads me to...

- Lastly, can we pour one out for the careers both these guys could have had. Cam obviously had a great career, but he should still be playing today and would be in his prime at 34 if he hadn't been as abused and been supported properly. RGIII had an all time great rookie season and was then literally thrown under the bus and then had his coach back it over him again. Two great quarterbacks who deserved better from their teams and from the league.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Damn I miss Cam.

Remember thinking we could win any game just because we had Cam.

Good to see he's found a career after football. His NFL career was ended too soon and it was mostly because of how we ran him into the ground.

I miss those days when we had hope because the S on his chest stood for hope. 

Edited by Manna
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

You’ve quoted me a lot lately. You are the one obsessed princess. 

I’m confused why you always resort to childish name calling. You brought up CJ Stroud in a thread that had nothing to do with him and you get upset when folks talk positively about Stroud. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m confused why you always resort to childish name calling. You brought up CJ Stroud in a thread that had nothing to do with him and you get upset when folks talk positively about Stroud. 

I think that we've all seen more than enough occasions where Bryce Young is being discussed and folks talk up CJ Stroud when the thread has nothing to do with him. When those same posters are challenged, the excuse is always "Well, they're from the same rookie class so comparing their careers is inevitable."

Folks that insist on doing that are going to have to accept that others are going to bring up CJ Stroud in a negative light to support Bryce as a counter-balance. I imagine we'd see a lot less of that if the folks that are obsessed with CJ/AR (or hate the BY pick) quit doing it themselves (or stop acting as if they're the only ones entitled to bring up CJ/AR).

But we all know that's never gonna happen so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Varking said:

Every thread that kid is polluting more than Duke energy 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Every thread that kid is polluting more than Duke energy 

Easily the worst poster we have on this site. Even last night he got hurt and said “well back to Reddit then” and then never left here and kept commenting anyway lol. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1