• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Hurst shouldn't have been a first round TE, IMO. I don't believe age is all but a TE who is 24 when entering the draft ( when you grade on pass catching and blocking ) is such a stretch. At 24 he was playing against 18-22 year olds. He should look good when blocking and running routes. 

From his NFL.com draft profile:

Sources Tell Us

"He's a grown man out there. No, he is literally a grown man. I love watching him play but he's 24 now so I think he's maxed out. He is who he's going to be physically so now we have to see how much better he gets as a football player." -- NFC Player Personnel Executive
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

From his NFL.com draft profile:

Sources Tell Us

"He's a grown man out there. No, he is literally a grown man. I love watching him play but he's 24 now so I think he's maxed out. He is who he's going to be physically so now we have to see how much better he gets as a football player." -- NFC Player Personnel Executive

I think I need to update my LinkedIn to include "NFC Player Personnel Executive". 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know. Morgan leading a resurgence as GM would certainly be a Hollywood movie plot.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Maybe Morgan has been a voice of reason not listened to enough or maybe he's part of the problem.

Pro personnel is Morgan's area.

Fitterer is primarily a draft guy.

20 minutes ago, jtm said:

And Tepper's wife interviewing head coaches for the current era.  

And making calls to trade up to draft a 25 year old rookie pass rusher in the 3rd who has bounced all over roster in college with his coaches desperately trying to find somewhere to utilize his physical talent because they haven't found anything that he's actually good at yet.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And making calls to trade up to draft a 25 year old rookie pass rusher in the 3rd who has bounced all over roster in college with his coaches desperately trying to find somewhere to utilize his physical talent because they haven't found anything that he's actually good at yet.

and blowing kisses to the crowd from the owners box of a 0-6 team

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

What makes you believe the general manager  of the Panthers is primarily just a draft guy? 

I've read his resumé... Morgan's too. Hell, the profiles written up by various sources when both of them got here will tell you that.

If you look up articles about them you'll see the same thing, especially ones discussing the division of labor between Scott Fitterer and Trent Kirchner in Seattle.