• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Both Fitterer and Reich Be Safer Than We Think?

tukafan21

24 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Thomas Davis right after the trade off the top of my head but there were others. 

This is what he said and he even said he didn’t like AR.

"I think it's going to be a very, very surprising pick in Carolina," Davis said coyly. "If this pick happens, who I think they are in love with, I'm not a fan of it. I just know there are a couple of guys upstairs that are enamored with the physical ability of Anthony Richardson."

Enamored with the physical ability? Every team looking at QBs would be enamored with that including us. The teams that didn’t like Cam were still enamored with his physical ability too. There’s no question at all that AR had the best physical ability of all QBs. I have no doubt that AR was our second choice, but it still doesn’t mean that Tepper forced everyone to take Young or that Reich’s offense favors AR. Reich inherited Luck, but he chose Rivers, Ryan, Wentz, Brissett and even Foles as a backup. Those guys don’t scream AR as a rookie. They scream Dalton/vet QB. Based on all of our evaluations, I’d say a super processor fits that mold better because they assume he sees the field like a vet. At least that’s what they thought and said. The results <> the intention.

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

This offense isn't designed for Young at all and that's all ya need to know to know that he at least wasn't who Reich wanted. 

Also, you are completely jumping to conclusions. Even if the offense looked different with Dalton. That absolutely 100% does not mean that Reich intended to run the offense with Young.

Do you think the Raiders took Jamarcus Russell or San Diego took Ryan Leaf or Detroit took Joey Harrington with the intent to not have him start and run the offense? Lack of success <> mean the offense was meant for someone else. The Colts fired Reich because he didn’t work out. Maybe, just maybe Reich and Young hasn’t worked out like they intended.

I think Reich is safe if the offense shows improvement as the season goes on.

He gets to use the 'everything is new card' up to the Bye.  Rookie QB, all new skill position players, same Oline but different blocking and run scheme, new coaching, etc.  Its not just Bryce looking like crap out there - everything looks bad (Except Theilen - He's been solid).  Not only is the playcalling predictable - it seems we have serious issues getting the play in and are constantly burning timeouts due to it.

Fitterer - I really have no idea what happens with him.  There are a handful of things that I really liked on paper that he did - but they haven't seemed to have panned out in any sort of positive manner.  He could be canned but likely at the end of the season.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH. It’s amazing to me the hoops that people go through to convince themselves.

Also, even if Frank/Scott made the pick and were happy with it, that doesn’t mean they weren’t wrong or that Frank’s done a poo job. They just came out and said they were simplifying the offense for Young, which means they screwed up for a variety of reasons or that Young isn’t doing the right thing. Dalton is a decade long vet who doesn’t need a skimmed down playbook and that’s why it looked different. Still does not mean Reich didn’t ever want Young.

If Tepper was not involved in the trade up and Young pick than why did he and his wife travel to be a part of the process? Being that he is a big analytical guy I think it is clear who he wanted the pick to be. Tepper was involved in the potential Stafford trade talks.
He was also involved in the Watson trade talks. So there is history on these types of decisions showing that Tepper is involved. I mean look at the Panthers since he has been the owner. It is  clear the team got worse since 2018. 

1 minute ago, thennek said:

If Tepper was not involved in the trade up and Young pick than why did he and his wife travel to be a part of the process? Being that he is a big analytical guy I think it is clear who he wanted the pick to be. Tepper was involved in the potential Stafford trade talks.
He was also involved in the Watson trade talks. So there is history on these types of decisions showing that Tepper is involved. I mean look at the Panthers since he has been the owner. It is  clear the team got worse since 2018. 

It is very clear now, Tepper keeps meddling and wont commit to a full rebuild. He is going full Hurney like we are a one piece away team when actually we are miles away. 

We should have a solid roster by this point but all of our draft picks have been squandered away and our trades/FA have been ass. 

Half of the huddle could have made better decisions than Tepper has made. 

7 minutes ago, thennek said:

The rumor is that Tepper put the kabosh on the Stafford trade because he was concerned about injury issues.

4 minutes ago, thennek said:

Of course he’s involved. He owns the team. He also wanted Fields over Horn. None of those things happened, so while involved, your examples and mine seem to show that he doesn’t appear to shove moves down his GM’s/coach’s faces. Who gives two shits if he’s involved if he hasn’t made anything happen against the football folks wishes?

Of course the team got worse. Hurney and Fitterer have not been good. Our drafts have been awful. Do you think Tepper made all those picks and trades? 

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

It is very clear now, Tepper keeps meddling and wont commit to a full rebuild. He is going full Hurney like we are a one piece away team when actually we are miles away. 

We should have a solid roster by this point but all of our draft picks have been squandered away and our trades/FA have been ass. 

Half of the huddle could have made better decisions than Tepper has made. 

Geez, Tepper is the new Rhule boogeyman. Never mind the horrible GM, coaching and play, Tepper’s making every move now mate as of Rhule. I guess Fitterer and Reich need a few more years to show what they can do without meddling. SMH. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Geez, Tepper is the new Rhule boogeyman. Never mind the horrible GM, coaching and play, Tepper’s making every move now mate as of Rhule. I guess Fitterer and Reich need a few more years to show what they can do without meddling. SMH. 

Fitt isnt even a real GM, he is a yes man who does whatever he is told. He should have been out the door with Rhule. 

I thought Reich would be better than this, but he was not my first option for HC. It might have helped if we didnt choose a guy with so many physical limitations to be our franchise QB. IT seems like the coaching staff is spending more time trying to hide him than being able to install an actual gameplan. 

Wasting our draft choices on questionable players certainly doesnt help either. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2

17 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Of course he’s involved. He owns the team. He also wanted Fields over Horn. None of those things happened, so while involved, your examples and mine seem to show that he doesn’t appear to shove moves down his GM’s/coach’s faces. Who gives two shits if he’s involved if he hasn’t made anything happen against the football folks wishes?

Of course the team got worse. Hurney and Fitterer have not been good. Our drafts have been awful. Do you think Tepper made all those picks and trades? 

Why is he involved at all when he hired some the brightest minds in football? If he is involved, then he made his opinions known and that influences the decision. He is the boss! 
It was also reported that he forced Ron Rivera to go to a 3-4 defense in 2019. If he really wanted fields and did not influence the pick then that would be more reason for him to want to influence this one. Clearly, that route would’ve been better than going after Sam Darnold. I mean it’s been reported since day one he wants a franchise QB and has been involved. 

I don't think Fitterer is doing THAT bad of a job. In my opinion, Reich needs to focus on managing the game on Sundays and stop trying to be a playcaller. 

Calling plays never ends once the opening kick off happens. You're constantly reviewing trends and formations to come up with solutions, and figure out how to force favorable match ups. How can he do all that and still manage the game as the HC. 

From the clock mismanagement, not knowing who's in the game (TMJ, Thielen and Chinn), leaving Zavala in there when there was an obviously better option on the bench, running Miles into the line when he's obviously injured or not comfortable between the tackles, not getting the ball to Laviska even though he's the best playmaker on the team, throwing screens to Ian and ignoring Hurst, etc...

He's missing the big stuff because he's too much in the weeds trying to figure out the next play on offense. His job is to oversee every aspect of the game and offer expertise and guidance, even if that's just asking the right questions. Like, if TMJ led the team in receptions last week, why hasn't he played a down? If Chinn led the team in tackles/sacks last week, why is only playing 19% of the defensive snaps? 

I still have hope for Frank, but every week he forgoes his responsibilities as a HC on game days, so he can live out some fantasy of calling plays in the NFL, I lose more and more hope that he's the right guy. The team is missing his leadership on game days. That's a HC's most important role. 

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Fitt isnt even a real GM, he is a yes man who does whatever he is told. He should have been out the door with Rhule. 

I thought Reich would be better than this, but he was not my first option for HC. It might have helped if we didnt choose a guy with so many physical limitations to be our franchise QB. IT seems like the coaching staff is spending more time trying to hide him than being able to install an actual gameplan. 

Wasting our draft choices on questionable players certainly doesnt help either. 

Yeah. From preseason and game one. Sleepwalking through vanilla. 

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Also, you are completely jumping to conclusions. Even if the offense looked different with Dalton. That absolutely 100% does not mean that Reich intended to run the offense with Young.

Do you think the Raiders took Jamarcus Russell or San Diego took Ryan Leaf or Detroit took Joey Harrington with the intent to not have him start and run the offense? Lack of success <> mean the offense was meant for someone else. The Colts fired Reich because he didn’t work out. Maybe, just maybe Reich and Young hasn’t worked out like they intended.

No I'm talking about the fact that the route combinations got changed completely for the Seattle game to the point where it's obvious that the same offense wasn't ran in that game compared to the others. 

Or to the fact that the route combinations in that game were made for the skill position personal the team has where it's not that way in the games that by is playing in. 

It's really night and day, even if you ignore the results of that game. It's still a fact that the play calling in that game fit the personal on the field more than it has in any other game. 

I could keep going but I won't.