• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and his soccer facility so glad he is ‘excited’

raleigh-panther

David Tepper unveils historic Charlotte FC practice facility: ‘It’s a dream’

BY ALEX ZIETLOW

[email protected]

4 hours ago

David Tepper called it “a dream.”

“It’s a dream that was,” the Charlotte FC owner told a crowd on Tuesday. “It’s a dream that is.”

What Tepper was referring to was the opening of the Charlotte FC training facility: the 52,000 square-foot, privately financed, state-of-the-art project that was unveiled to the public on Tuesday evening. He discussed this “dream” site — which is officially called Atrium Health Performance Park — while standing on it, surveying all the potential the place brims with.

We’re excited,” continued Tepper, who is also the owner of the Carolina Panthers. “It’s the first facility in MLS with the business side, the first team (Charlotte FC), the second team (MLS NEXT Pro team Crown Legacy FC), and the academy — in one facility.”

Yeah, awesome facility.  Tepper also took all the fields there from the charter school thats next door and now the kids dont have anywhere for recess and gym.   I mean he bought land there big enough for 3 soccer fields ext to the facility, sodded it and fenced it in which the FC uses for practice.  (its pretty damn sweet)  But I guess its not enough b/c he got the landlord (Levines) to take away access to the fields on the other side of the school so his soccer team can use it whenever they want... screw the kids!!  

Tepper sure is a swell guy. 

Edited by CBDellinger
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

My heart just bleeds for them 

who knows maybe his love of soccer will lead to his sale if the NFL team he has no clue how to run 

I can tell you as a fan of CLTFC, that his ownership of that team is just as inept as it is of the Panthers. Only those who know nothing of the situation would claim that Tepper favors the soccer team more. He is 100% more invested in the Panthers, as evidenced with how hands-on he is. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

We gonna act like he didn’t try to make the Panthers facility state of the art in South Carolina? That fell through but there will be a new HQ in the future.

When ?

he is very impulsive and risk taking needs to have an exit strategy  

It’s very difficult to do that in a community and have  any credibility left   Moving that facility away from charlotte was stupid to begin with 

On a side note, I notice the ‘two states, one team’ saying had been gone for awhile 

he dreams big but in the sports arena those dreams fall flat