• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky with a message to the Huddle

thebdawg

Dear Dan...you don't understand our pain.... 6 seasons under dr pepper and losing... someones going to get the brunt...especially since season 7 isn't looking good either and prolly season 8 is a wash too....its not that shady when you give up the farm...

Edited by Johnstonny

I disagree with Colin Cowherd a lot. Today he said patience gets you fired. I have to agree. I'm not saying Young may not turn into a quality qb but special ones flash something early and have at least a special play or series every game. Young is still without that. He's made a nice pass or 2 but nothing that says franchise changing qb play is on the way. He's getting a good bit of tape now. He already has enough to move him to a 2nd day or perhaps 3rd day  if a redraft could take place. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Dear Dan...you don't understand our pain.... 6 seasons under dr pepper and losing... someones going to get the brunt...especially since season 7 isn't looking good either and prolly season 8 is a wash too....its not that shady when you give up the farm...

Give it to Tepper, Reich, Fitterer. I don’t see how Bryce is the guy people are hating on.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Ah yes he's a stat padder but so far our only glimmer of hope from our #1 overall pick has been in garbage time. Speaking of narratives.

He threw the ball 58 times and had more yards.  What was his average 6.2???  I think Young has been 6.0 and 6.4 is past two games.  I mean they were down 17 points with 4 minutes left.  It wasn't some great offensive performance.  The best thing he did was not turn the ball over which makes sense with a veteran.  

Is Dalton a better QB that Young right now?  Of course he is as he should be at this point in his career vs Young's.   I don't think anyone is arguing differently.   Your reverse tactics are nice, but as I stated EVERYONE has a narrative.  Some people just like calling others out while pretending they don't have one as well.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TN05 said:

I just want one play that makes me say “wow” and I’ve not seen that in four games. Why did we trade up for someone if he’s gonna take 2-3 years to be decent?

I bet you said wow when PJ threw the 67 yard bomb to DJ. Maybe we would be winning with him! 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. A lot of folks (myself included) will get a lot more hopeful about Bryce Young if we see him do something special. 

I'm not going to convince you of anything so the following is pointless:  poise in the pocket facing (relentless) pressure while keeping eyes downfield. He's done it every game. Can't be taught. Recent failures with the arm strength you guys get hard for like Darnold, Z Wilson,  Lance and I'll throw in Love all can't do it.  

He's made rookie mistakes. I have seen them too.  I get it. Kid is special though. You'll see it eventually. 

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I'm not going to convince you of anything so the following is pointless:  poise in the pocket facing (relentless) pressure while keeping eyes downfield. He's done it every game. Can't be taught. Recent failures with the arm strength you guys get hard for like Darnold, Z Wilson,  Lance and I'll throw in Love all can't do it.  

He's made rookie mistakes. I have seen them too.  I get it. Kid is special though. You'll see it eventually. 

I hope to see it eventually. I just haven't seen it yet. Honestly, he reminds me of a cat in a room full of rocking chairs in the pocket 

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He threw the ball 58 times and had more yards.  What was his average 6.2???  I think Young has been 6.0 and 6.4 is past two games.  I mean they were down 17 points with 4 minutes left.  It wasn't some great offensive performance.  The best thing he did was not turn the ball over which makes sense with a veteran.  

Is Dalton a better QB that Young right now?  Of course he is as he should be at this point in his career vs Young's.   I don't think anyone is arguing differently.   Your reverse tactics are nice, but as I stated EVERYONE has a narrative.  Some people just like calling others out while pretending they don't have one as well.  

Honestly I assumed and part of me hoped Dalton would look like total asswater against Seattle. Because it would drive home the notion that our scheme and coaching are horrific and therefore absolve Bryce Young to some degree of this debacle. Andy surprised me though and in turn kicked up my concern level for our #1 pick a few more notches. I think our offense is certainly not good but I think the people saying our receiving weapons are completely awful are overstating their case to a degree to protect Bryce. There's as much of that going on as there is a certain level of overreaction to every little thing Bryce does. Both things can be true. As I said though I welcome the game where Bryce Young truly arrives. Hopefully that day comes before we've all eaten each other.

• Pie 1