• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's play "I could be a better GM than Scott Fitterer"

NAS

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My answer to this is pretty simple...

I couldn't.

Hell, I doubt I could be a better GM than Marty Hurney and most Huddlers probably know how I feel about him.

Even the personnel people who might be bad if their job still have tons more resources, training and experience than I'll ever have.

I get the game (basically all hindsight, mind you) but that's my answer.

You must be fun at parties

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Evil Hurney said:

The whole 2021 QB debacle.

Trading for Darnold before the draft which led to us having to trade Teddy for peanuts and pass on Fields when he fell to 9. Then following that up by NOT trading the 9th pick to the Bears when they obviously wanted to move up and take Fields.

Could have kept the BRIDGEwater QB in place, let Fields develop for a year, and not begin the whole train of throwing away draft picks.

Behind the scenes articles from multiple sources confirmed all QB decisions during his tenure were pretty much all made by Rhule.

The lone exception: picking up Darnold's fifth year option was Fitterer's choice.

Take the offer for #3 instead of #1. Keep DJ, still be able to draft one of Young, Stroud or AR at #3. Likely the Bears trade with Texans instead and the team gets Stroud at #3. So #9, same second rounder and future first. 

Don't sign Miles Sanders, keep Donte Forman. 

Keep Wilks but make sure he hires solid offensive coaches. 

Run power run and play action and solid defense to protect the young qb you just drafted. 

Instantly better team. 

Yes I broke the rules. Lol

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just almost everything he's done, do something different and you're better.

This isn't Monday morning GM. I said at the time Darnold was a proven failure and he would flop hard. I said at the time to trade Burns, or he's going want enough money for a private island and he's not worth two 1sts and a second and it was the deal of a lifetime for us. Huddle said we couldn't replace him or some other b.s. Keep CMC and DJ, and trade Brown and Burns for draft capital to go get a QB. Trade to number 2 if that isn't enough to go to 1, and take CJ or Young at #2 depending on who falls. I'm not going to keep going with things like Henderson, Gilmore, ect ect. The lesser players and blunder trade ups and reaching like a moron in the draft isn't worth listing off. This really gets my blood boiling.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Oh and here is something that will sicken you about the Darnold trade. Reports at the time were that no one was making offers for Sam. So if we stayed firm with a low ball offer, I think we could have had him for just a 4th, or less. Like WAAAY over offered on him with no other teams even sniffing around, and then sign the 5th year option to boot. Sickening. Killed the whole fan base. Sill have not recovered from that blunder.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Oh and here is something that will sicken you about the Darnold trade. Reports at the time were that no one was making offers for Sam. So if we stayed firm with a low ball offer, I think we could have had him for just a 4th, or less. Like WAAAY over offered on him with no other teams even sniffing around, and then sign the 5th year option to boot. Sickening. Killed the whole fan base. Sill have not recovered from that blunder.

Rhule and Fitt wanted to coddle Darnold and show how highly  they think of him lol

53 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Take the offer for #3 instead of #1. Keep DJ, still be able to draft one of Young, Stroud or AR at #3. Likely the Bears trade with Texans instead and the team gets Stroud at #3. So #9, same second rounder and future first. 

Highly doubt you'd have gotten Stroud at third overall.

Young and Stroud we're always going to go 1 and 2. It was just a matter of who they went to.

Richardson's already on IR.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Highly doubt you'd have gotten Stroud at third overall.

Young and Stroud we're always going to go 1 and 2. It was just a matter of who they went to.

Richardson's already on IR.

If the Bears can't trade with the Texans or Colts then they likely take Anderson at #1. So Either Young/Stroud is left at 3 or AR is there as a fallback.  Both the Texans and Colts balked at moving up with the Bears because they wanted a player back on top of the picks. 

Either way you play power run with foreman and Hubbard with play action to protect the QB til you can fix everything else. 

1. The line is better suited for power run instead of the zone currently being ran in carolina. 

2. The qb actually has a #1 wr to throw to with DJ and a #2 with AT. "I wouldn't change picking up AT, he's a nice #2 for a young qb." Probably wouldn't change picking up Hurst either. 

3. Team is down less picks plus still has its top WR and still has a young rookie QB to excite the fan base. 

4. It allows the team to transition with said rookie qb and the offensive style protects the qb and leans on the defense.  

Open up the playbook in year 2 after fixing other areas of the team and put more on the qb's plate gradually. 

Edited by carpanfan96