• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who really wanted Young?

AU-panther

8 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Yet you also wanted Sam D based on his physical attributes with a strong arm that he showed off in the combined that made you drool.

While I watched enough USC games to know Sam would be a bust at the pro level. So i know what am talking about 

I would absolutely have preferred Darnold, DJ, the 9th pick, all the rest of the package we gave up. And take a flier on  QB every year until we hit. But none of the type of desperate long shot crap we are living through. 

I am aware that our current quarterback can make some nice throws into tight windows, and I still stand by my beliefs. 

3 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I would absolutely have preferred Darnold, DJ, the 9th pick, all the rest of the package we gave up. And take a flier on  QB every year until we hit. But none of the type of desperate long shot crap we are living through. 

I am aware that our current quarterback can make some nice throws into tight windows, and I still stand by my beliefs. 

This.  I was ok standing pat. Bring in a Minshew, Brisett or another place holder. Heck Andy Dalton starting this year would have been o.k.  If we decided to part ways with DJ to go up in the bottom of the first for a target (maybe one of the many CB's I liked there) Stevenson for instance. Honestly I might have traded down out of 9 and added OL, CB and Linebacker help. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Sam is a known bust but if you think giving up multiple picks including a 2nd rounder for someone who admitted to passing to ghost on the field, and the one QB that force them to avoid future QB with low IQ yet strong arm QB, it's this move over anything else. Then pick up his 18th million option for another season to pass to ghost is beyond foolish. That's why they didn't trade a low 4th round pick for Trey Lance who just needed experience to show off his cannon arm to be our future QB. The kid is special, trust me on this.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/6/16/23170406/49ers-brandon-aiyuk-on-trey-lance-we-have-a-special-quarterback

Yet you want to continue with this for our future....why?!?!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

Sam is a known bust but if you think giving up multiple picks including a 2nd rounder for someone who admitted to passing to ghost on the field, and the one QB that force them to avoid future QB with low IQ yet strong arm QB, it's this move over anything else. Then pick up his 18th million option for another season to pass to ghost is beyond foolish. That's why they didn't trade a low 4th round pick for Trey Lance who just needed experience to show off his cannon arm to be our future QB. The kid is special, trust me on this.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/6/16/23170406/49ers-brandon-aiyuk-on-trey-lance-we-have-a-special-quarterback

Yet you want to continue with this for our future....why?!?!?!?!?!

The 49ers chose to go with Darnold and send away Lance. 

• Pie 1

I mean, still folks…Young has played 5 games.  BTW…he started as a rookie.  Lets look back at all the QBs drafted that didn’t even sniff the field for multiple years.  Bryce is gonna blow up sooner or later

Have to get this guy weapons…as many as possible 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Varking said:

The 49ers chose to go with Darnold and send away Lance. 

Lance is too raw to be starting for a contender while Sam D pass to ghosts. They need a system QB which Purdy fits the bill. Not someone who will cost them games but at least they ended up with this ghost passer for free and didn't give up a 2nd rounder like we did. Niners should have kept Johnson as backup as he is miles better then your Sam D. Trust me.

7 hours ago, Shocker said:

I mean, still folks…Young has played 5 games.  BTW…he started as a rookie.  Lets look back at all the QBs drafted that didn’t even sniff the field for multiple years.  Bryce is gonna blow up sooner or later

Have to get this guy weapons…as many as possible 

Agree i been saying this since he they traded DJ away but some of these fans think we can compete for the conference final against the Eagles/49ers without any LMAO

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

Lance is too raw to be starting for a contender while Sam D pass to ghosts. They need a system QB which Purdy fits the bill. Not someone who will cost them games but at least they ended up with this ghost passer for free and didn't give up a 2nd rounder like we did. Niners should have kept Johnson as backup as he is miles better then your Sam D. Trust me.

Sam Darnold isn’t “my guy” just like I wasn’t “on and off the CJ bandwagon” until he started winning. Please stop making up things when replying to me. 

5 hours ago, Varking said:

Sam Darnold isn’t “my guy” just like I wasn’t “on and off the CJ bandwagon” until he started winning. Please stop making up things when replying to me. 

I can't keep track of every poster on here but this ghost passer is no system QB, he is too stupid to earn that elusive title and will cost the 49ers the game this Sunday. Taking the rested Bengals plus the points cause it should be an easy win when they also have a rah rah cheerleader leading their defense.