• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at next year (roster)

ncfan

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Both Bell and Woods are under contract. No idea why this guy keeps making threads while leaving out a bunch of stuff

That was my fault.  He posted CBs and I read it as secondary.  Yeah like looks like we have 33 players plus 6 draft picks so 39 with 63 plus cap space plus 151 plus cap space in 25 to work with.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Players we have under contract in 2024:

QB: Young/ Dalton

RB: Sanders/ Hubbard

WR: Theilen/ Mingo/ Marshall

TE: Hurst/ Thomas/ Tremble

T: Moton/ Ekwonu/ Ricky Lee

IOL: Bozeman/ Corbett/ Christensen/ Mays/ Zavala/ Jensen

DL: Brown/ Tuttle/ Barno

LB: Thompson/ Cherilus/ DJ Johnson

CB: Jackson/ Horn/ Jamison

S: Bell/ Woods/ Robinson

Special Teams: Hekker/ Pineiro

I’m probably eating the 13ish million in dead money and cutting Donte and Ian to free up 8 million in cap space. We really don’t have that much cap space like people think we do

Miles - 8 mill cap hit 

Shy - 8 mill cap hit 

Hurst - 10 mill cap hit 

Obviously if Burns doesn’t get traded he’s getting tagged  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Didn’t add them because they’re about the only position group with more than 1 starter from this year will still be under contract.  
And not sure how 1 position group on the team is “a lot of stuff”

But thanks for pointing that out I guess

You’re welcome.

Just now, BrisbanePanther said:

Yes, that Burns for Williams + a 1st looks like a very good deal. Especially if it's a 1st for 2024.

No team is trading a WR1 level WR on a rookie deal for a Brian Burns who’s hitting FA at the end of the year and seeking 30 mil per year.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, ncfan said:

No team is trading a WR1 level WR on a rookie deal for a Brian Burns who’s hitting FA at the end of the year and seeking 30 mil per year.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

I think the days of getting a 1st for Burns are over. 

See, I think this is common sentiment in the Huddle because we are Panthers fans who are accustomed to Dollar Tree-level GM performance.

Every year there seems to be at least one trade where we're shocked see certain players be traded for a bag of beans OR we see a team get a Brinks truck return for a certain player (like the Burns offer). Yet we keep saying that our players won't recoup much or that we have to pay more than we think is reasonable for a player.

If Burns is on Detroit (I'm talking two-years ago Detroit, not this year's good Detroit) no one blinks an eye at a team giving a 1st + a playmaker for him. Same for if he's on Miami or Kansas City or SF or even Tampa--places where credible GMs are in place.

Re-sign Burns and Luvu and Henderson 

Trade Chinn Donte and Marshall now 

Sign Tee Higgins, Stephon Gilmore, Kendrick Bourne, DJ Reader 

Draft Troy Franklin in second round, CB in the third round, O-line depth in later rounds 

Cap will be absolutely maxed but we have to go all in on Bryce's rookie contract 

• Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think the days of getting a 1st for Burns are over. 

Burns on the franchise tag for a mid to late first? Maybe. I don't know if anyone gives him what he was looking for i  a contract but that's his issue to deal with. When he is tagged and gets to talk to teams he will hear their pitch.

Or he sits and still doesn't get his ideal money and the Panthers don't get anything except more embarrassment. Or him on the tag money in another year like this one lol