• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

LinvilleGorge

Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Varking said:

If folks could stop talking poo about each other, and just focus on the arguments, we wouldn’t need to have conversations like this. That’s where I think mods could step in more. 

100% 

dont make personal attacks on other posters, dont be a wanker.

but if you cant voice frustration ABOUT THE CAROLINA PANTHERS performance here than where??

• Pie 1

Honestly the way I see it there seems to be a lot of folks who really bristle at encountering any differing opinion. When they do, that's all they can focus on. The thread is derailed. OMG, someone dared voice a differing opinion. I'm appalled. Then they complain for pages on end about how the thread has been derailed.... while actually actively derailing the thread.

Newsflash, but it's possible for two reasonable people to watch the same exact thing and come away with differing opinions. And that's okay. What would be the point of a discussion if everyone agreed?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Oh god, if guys like you and Casillas are considered "positivity only" posters, then we're all doomed.  I would say I'm least one tier below you guys since I have a much harder time maintaining my composure when MGM starts slinging mud.  You two have the patience of a saint...truly the best our caveman community has to offer.

I'm not sure @TheCasillas is still around which is a shame.  He was one of my favorite posters to read and provided a shitload of data and most importantly logic.  

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'll try to word it again.  You can call me a Matt Rhule hater.  It's true. 

I could however find posts where I defend him.  That doesn't then mean I am not a Matt Rhule hater. 

arguing about things in absolutes is bologna.   They don't really exist. Calling me a Matt Rhule hater doesn't mean that literally every word I utter is negative about him. 

and I don't think you really read what I said.  I don't give a poo what anyone here thinks.  And I fully support threads without bitching or just for bitching.  Label it and stay out if that's not your thing. None of it matters to me. 

I wasn't a big Joe Brady defender.  That's what the Matt Rhule sunshine brigade labeled me.  I was a defender of not allowing a green and weak first time OC to be the scapegoat for how horrific Matt Rhule was and what he was doing here.   And I stand by every thought I had on that.  Brady was what he was.  Matt Rhule sunshine squad wanted him to be the fall guy for the Rhule shitshow at that time.  I wasn't having it.  It was Rhule.  It was Fitt.  Joe Brady was just a green OC trying to learn.   He was never the biggest problem.  And I think that is pretty well proven. 

I think it's silly that you're arguing against absolutes while defending the usage of the term "positivity only"...which is by definition absolutist and was the whole point I've been debating on here before you interjected.  Unless you and I define the word "only" differently.  Arguing that someone can be a "hater" of someone while still saying nice things about them is much more defensible than saying someone "only" says hateful things about someone but somehow simultaneously also says some nice things about them.  The former is sensible, while the latter is contradictory...you can't "only" say hateful things while also sometimes saying nice things.  That doesn't make sense...that's the power of the term "only".

And if you're not arguing "absolutes" and want to disregard the term "only", then at the end of the day you're simply saying that some posters skew more positively than others but also still post negative criticisms too.  Which is an incredibly obvious statement to make but has little to do with the topic at hand.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly the way I see it there seems to be a lot of folks who really bristle at encountering any differing opinion. When they do, that's all they can focus on. The thread is derailed. OMG, someone dared voice a differing opinion. I'm appalled. Then they complain for pages on end about how the thread has been derailed.... while actually actively derailing the thread.

Newsflash, but it's possible for two reasonable people to watch the same exact thing and come away with differing opinions. And that's okay. What would be the point of a discussion if everyone agreed?

Damn...you didn't have to call out @mrcompletely11 like that for calling people delusional and Neanderthals for being encouraged by Bryce's improvement!  But well said, I agree.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly the way I see it there seems to be a lot of folks who really bristle at encountering any differing opinion. When they do, that's all they can focus on. The thread is derailed. OMG, someone dared voice a differing opinion. I'm appalled. Then they complain for pages in end about how the thread has been derailed.... while actually actively derailing the thread.

To me it depends on what the different opinion is.  If it's something overly exaggerated in an attempt to troll the other person then yeah I'm all for calling it out.  If it's a normal differ of opinion then I'm ok with it.  Making a crying laughing face and making a comment about "cope" would fall more into the troll category for me.  Hell I've been guilty of similar troll attempts PLENTY of times, but yeah that's what derails these threads quickly.  Different opinions are what make for good debates and keep boards like this going IMO.  I miss the QB draft debates between Stroud, Young, AR, and even Levis because most of them had points and counterpoints which made things interesting.  

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That’s a lot of talk for someone who had a full on temper tantrum when one of your takes got pooed on

• Flames 1

Of all people why is CRA under the microscope? He's got the patience of a saint tbh considering the lunacy he's responded to from posters like poundaway (SBBlue). If that's your idea of someone attacking positive thoughts you should rethink your position and ponder if those you perceive to be under attack and victimized are actually just as counterproductive to dialogue.