• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn to miss 4 weeks

mrcompletely11

So is this 4 weeks including the bye week, which is only three playing weeks? 

If so, it’s not the end of the world with the lack of reps, but could be seeing a healthy influx of players coming back around week 10. We have three winnable games in front of us as well and could be 3-6 going into the home game against Dallas.

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

If so, it’s not the end of the world with the lack of reps, but could be seeing a healthy influx of players coming back around week 10. We have three winnable games in front of us as well and could be 3-6 going into the home game against Dallas.

I’ve been operating under the impression that they were waiting until after the bye to get that influx back, if they’re looking at the schedule and thinking “yeah we don’t need them for this game, let’s let ‘em rest” then lol.

these three games are much friendlier than what they’ve had-they need to be all in trying to win a couple of them. 

6 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I seen where it was a 6 week min injury. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm them I'm taking the QB at #1 and putting #2 in the auction block.

depending on the way the qbs grade out, I would put #1 on the block and get a ton more.  personally I think both maye and williams are both going to be superstars in the nfl.  I mean for fugs sake how many quality picks can they milk from trading with us?  Like 6 first and second rounders for just moving back to 9 and getting DJ moore.

Chinn suffered a quad injury that could complicate his trade market should the Panthers choose to try and move him, but it doesn’t preclude a deal from getting done. He’ll be back before the end of the season off an injury that ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports will take up to six weeks to heal. The injury is non-surgical, and Chinn is considered a fast healer.

There’s interest in Chinn, who is in a contract year and only played 28 snaps the past two weeks. He wants to play.

- ESPN senior NFL insider Jeremy Fowler

I feel like Chinn's usage is maybe this staff's biggest blunder so far.

The guy is so talented, was runner up in ROY, and we just refuse to put in on the field in a contract season for him.

There is a 0% chance he'll re-sign with us even though I feel like he might be one of our best players on defense (Burns, Brown, Luvu are really the only players I'd for sure rank over him).

Just a huge swing and a miss by this staff and now his trade value has been destroyed by his injury, we'd be lucky to get a late 5th for him at this point, such a shame but I think we have to take anything offered, even a 7th, as he's NOT coming back next year with how we've used him, gotta get something for him.

• Pie 1