• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce's best play today?

GOAT

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

go watch the replays of the throw from multiple angles. Live, the throw looked like one of Wilson’s prayer balls where his WR bailed him out, which he built his entire career on. This was not one of those throws. Thielen had the defender beat, Bryce recognized it and dropped it perfectly over the defenders shoulder. Wilson would constantly throw moon balls, often times under-thrown into double coverage and his star WRs would make ridiculous catches, and everyone would praise Wilson. Again, this was not one of those throws lol. 

So he led a receiver with a throw and the receiver ran under it, also something every NFL QB should be able to do. I really don't understand the desperation to turn this into something more than it is at this point, a chuck to a receiver that had a defender literally all over him that worked out because the CB didn't get his head around. If that ball is caught with Thielen not having to turn around then we have a discussion, but the play itself was very risky and not an impressive strength throw, which again was the whole premise of the first comment I responded to. 

Bryce had another game showing improvement and made other throws and plays that were more impressive on a technical level, e.g the TD throw. Acting like this throw itself was anything more than NFL QB table stakes is just silly, and it's not an insult to Bryce to recognize that.

Edited by KSpan

15 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

It had to be one of the 15 or so plays where he was able to get up after being buried in the turf by a defensive lineman.

He is a tough little bastard. Wouldn't think so by how he looks.....kids got some cojones.

41 minutes ago, KSpan said:

So he led a receiver with a throw and the receiver ran under it, also something every NFL QB should be able to do. I really don't understand the desperation to turn this into something more than it is at this point, a chuck to a receiver that had a defender literally all over him that worked out because the CB didn't get his head around. If that ball is caught with Thielen not having to turn around then we have a discussion, but the play itself was very risky and not an impressive strength throw, which again was the whole premise of the first comment I responded to. 

Bryce had another game showing improvement and made other throws and plays that were more impressive on a technical level, e.g the TD throw. Acting like this throw itself was anything more than NFL QB table stakes is just silly, and it's not an insult to Bryce to recognize that.

The play would be a highlight for any QB in the league. Spinning out of a potential sack, rolling to his left, off balance with the flick of the wrist and dropping it perfectly on the sideline is something to be excited about, especially for a rookie that has struggled connecting on long throws. 

Edited by Cary Kollins

IDK if anybody said it yet, but I'm going to go another play and say the one where he stepped up in the pocket, threw it kind of sidearmed to Chark in the middle while getting smashed by two Texans defender and got up like it was nothing. That was actually really impressive and tough.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

IDK if anybody said it yet, but I'm going to go another play and say the one where he stepped up in the pocket, threw it kind of sidearmed to Chark in the middle while getting smashed by two Texans defender and got up like it was nothing. That was actually really impressive and tough.

YES!  It was a laser beam throw.  His release is so damn fast.. when he dots it like that the D has no chance.

15 hours ago, KSpan said:

I am in no way suggesting that Levis is a better QB than Bryce and am only referencing the arm strength factor that you brought up, so don't bother creating that straw man, but Levis' 4th TD today was 50 yards off his back foot. That is arm strength. Bryce played a solid game today for sure and after a very rocky start is trending up but he still labors to put zip on throws and his arm is not comparable to top NFL arms at this time. It is what it is. 

Levis arm even impressed me more than anything else during the combine but this cat has a refined game that is PRO ready like my Bryce, unlike others top prospect like Richardson who is too raw with too mechanical flaws that the boom or bust is heavy on the bust side like Trey. I had Levis as a top 15 pick on my draft board as 2nd best QB in this draft class with a huge gap before we get to CJ in the 3rd round like most OSU hyped QB.