• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crickets

WarHeel

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

It's all about value, not necessarily the time or situation. Apparently we didn't get the value that the FO was looking for, so they weren't moved. 

Last year was the year to do the trades. GB’s 1st for Moore and 2 1sts and a 2nd for Burns. Amazing to me that we could have gotten Chase Young, Sweat and two 1sts for Burns and a 3rd. Damn, we could have fleeced the Rams last year and then the Commanders this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I would have moved him for a second before letting him walk for nothing but maybe a comp pick depending on the offseason or over paying him.

He’s gonna get tagged this offseason if they don’t reach a deal. If he walks for nothing it’ll be year after next. 

I don't understand the folks upset we didn't make any moves today.

A big part of our issues since Tepper bought the team has been a constant series of knee jerk win now type moves that have just dug us into a big hole. And now folks are upset we didn't make more of them?

I wouldn't have minded trading some guys away today, but it was a buyer's market. The sellers were getting fleeced.

Honestly, sometimes doing nothing is the best bad option you have.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maybe they don't let it load before hitting the submit button. I don't know. It always works for me.

No, it's Elon Musk half-assery. If you attempt to post a tweet by hitting the share button on the actual tweet, which is the underscore icon with the upward arrow, on the right side, it will copy/paste a x.com based-url. Nearly all message boards do not recognize this, so the tweet does not embed, but instead will display the url in it's text long form only. If however, you copy and paste the actual twitter.com url from the top of your browser, the tweet will embed since twitter is still recognized.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand the folks upset we didn't make any moves today.

A big part of our issues since Tepper bought the team has been a constant series of knee jerk win now type moves that have just dug us into a big hole. And now folks are upset we didn't make more of them?

I wouldn't have minded trading some guys away today, but it was a buyer's market. The sellers were getting fleeced.

Honestly, sometimes doing nothing is the best bad option you have.

Should have gotten what we could have for Burns.   Guy obviously doesn't want to play here and can't say I blame him.

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Should have gotten what we could have for Burns.   Guy obviously doesn't want to play here and can't say I blame him.

Seeing what the Commanders got for Sweat and Young I just don't think moving Burns was on the table today. Would you really give up a massive haul for Burns when could get one of those guys for way less?

Burns seems likely headed for a franchise tag IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if that resulted in an ugly holdout and a potential trade.

1 hour ago, travisura said:

Would you rather we get fleeced for some mid tier WR that won’t move the needle? How about moving Burns for a 2nd like the Commanders did with Sweat? 

Standing pat was the correct move. 

I would have gotten some damn picks seeing as how we are still without a first. Yeah, they can’t undo the past and go back in time to get two firsts for him but you know what’s worse than missing on an opportunity? Doubling down on your stubbornness and getting squat for him next year while we watch him underperform this year. 

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

I would have gotten some damn picks seeing as how we are still without a first. Yeah, they can’t undo the past and go back in time to get two firsts for him but you know what’s worse than missing on an opportunity? Doubling down on your stubbornness and getting squat for him next year while we watch him underperform this year. 

Only problem is that someone has to be willing to offer a 1st. With Sweat going for a 2nd, I highly doubt a 1st for Burns was ever being floated.
And they're not going to get nothing for him next year, if they don’t reach a deal they’re going to tag him. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that resulted in an ugly holdout and a potential trade.

That is exactly where I think it is headed which is why I think we probably should have taken what we could get.  Of course fitterers ego and maybe teps was too big to let that happen as doing so wold be admitting their fug up last year.  We will get peanuts if anything for the guy cause he ain't showing poo this year and the rest of the team and our dismal record doesn't make him look any damn better.