• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders fire their leadership

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. 

We won 7 games with f'in Steve Wilks, the much maligned Sam Darnold and PJ Walker last season.

How are expectations now "well it's a first year coach and a rookie QB (that we sold the f'in farm for), so be happy with getting your ass kicked every week"??!?!?!?

This. A thousand times this!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. 

We won 7 games with f'in Steve Wilks, the much maligned Sam Darnold and PJ Walker last season.

How are expectations now "well it's a first year coach and a rookie QB (that we sold the f'in farm for), so be happy with getting your ass kicked every week"??!?!?!?

You are living in a parallel universe...or more correctly, a fantasy world.

I like Steve Wilks, but as a head coach he's heavily overrated by the fanbase here for last season.

Hell, he's running a defense with some of the best talent in the league and in danger of getting fired.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, methodtoll said:

Any bets that Belichick gets fired in NE and McDaniels ends up as HC? 

Can’t see that happening. But I could see the Patriots bringing back McD in some offensive capacity next season with the understanding that he’ll be the heir apparent for BB when he decides to hang it up.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is what that approach gets you.

Football doesn't work like real world businesses, at least not established ones. It's closer to a start up that you have to get off the ground...repeatedly.

Firing coaches after one or two years and thinking that will make you a winner is pretty much like guaranteeing your wealth and success by buying a lottery ticket.

whats the alternative?  Let them hang around and continue to suck?  I get your overall point but if it becomes clear that the coach and gm or whoever is in over their head a la Fitt, then a move has to be made instead of simply repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.  In theory the owner is going to learn and eventually get it right.

• Pie 2

Never liked McDaniels as a head coach.. Granted, I could have seen hiring him over Matt Rhule, but hey... 😒

In years past though, I'd have taken him as an offensive coordinator in a heartbeat.

Anymore, not so sure I'd even do that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

whats the alternative?  Let them hang around and continue to suck?  I get your overall point but if it becomes clear that the coach and gm or whoever is in over their head a la Fitt, then a move has to be made instead of simply repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.  In theory the owner is going to learn and eventually get it right.

Depends. Steve Jobs once said his biggest mistakes were not treating people like long term investments. Firing someone for making newbie mistakes just means hiring someone who hasn’t make those mistakes yet. Everyone has to learn. 

With coaches and GMs, you have to ask is the person learning from past mistakes and are they improving?

Frank seems to be doing the same things he did in Indy.

Scott…well it’s hard to tell if he’s learning or not.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Depends. Steve Jobs once said his biggest mistakes were not treating people like long term investments. Firing someone for making newbie mistakes just means hiring someone who hasn’t make those mistakes yet. Everyone has to learn. 

With coaches and GMs, you have to ask is the person learning from past mistakes and are they improving?

Frank seems to be doing the same things he did in Indy.

Scott…well it’s hard to tell if he’s learning or not.

McDaniels wasnt making "newbie" mistakes, he just sucked as a coach.  And as far as their GM goes I think Davis is taking the (correct IMO) approach of bringing the gm and coach in together so they are both in agreement and have the same timeline.

But again I get your overall thought process but mcdaniel just really sucks and he has sucked at 2 places now.

Fitterer is most certainly regressing and lord knows what Reich is doing, he comes off very Rhuleesque in some of his pressers.

• Pie 1