• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School week 8

bigpoppa

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Mingo is a raw rookie WR that isn't even coming off a dominant college career.  That has always made him a project.  I think Mingo while young actually projects best in the role Thielen has locked up.  

I agree, hes looking a slot in-waiting.......that makes me more upset about him being 39th overall pick. 

Right now the future looks like a young leading a dink and dunk for mingo and tremble...... fyi mingo is the youngest and tremble is only 23. 

15 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

My take from that video is that Bryce is a legit talent with a lot of upside who was drafted by a clown show. The guy was cracking up about the pass protection and the lack of speed and separation of the wide receivers.  I doubt he laughs that much during his other video studies.  

He is also dogging the routes at times.  

To be fair to JT, he is beating mostly on the overall offensive issues more than AT in this one.

Honestly, I think we can all agree on that.

The nice thing is we see that BY is mostly starting to be able to make some chicken salad out of all this chickenshit.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 4

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

To be fair to JT, he is beating mostly on the overall offensive issues more than AT in this one.

Honestly, I think we can all agree on that.

The nice thing is we see that BY is mostly starting to be able to make some chicken salad out of all this chickenshit.

overall in his QB school....he spends most of his time talking about what is going on around Bryce Young.   That's what should make us feel good about Bryce. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

overall in his QB school....he spends most of his time talking about what is going on around Bryce Young.   That's what should make us feel good about Bryce. 

He definitely has a crush on him. 

Also I think we can all see definite improvements over the season. If that can steadily continue for the rest of the year, that should make us all feel good.....about the QB. Now all that other poo.....lawd.

I am just going to keep beating on the coaching/scheme and the way the team is being built. Those two things do not seem to align at all.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am just going to keep beating on the coaching/scheme and the way the team is being built. Those two things do not seem to align at all.

totally agree.  the way they put this team together is mind boggling.  nothing fits together.

one thing fits into Frank's O.....Bryce Young.  The rest doesn't fit.  And they aren't altering things up enough given the talent we presently have.  I do fear it's just a matter of time before Bryce gets injured. 

You got an OL that can't protect that is asked to pass pro too much.  We have been painfully predictable.  Which just helps defenses attack you. You got WRs that can't get open.  You got absurd pressure coming at Young.   Eventually that ends poorly for Young.  An outcome JT alludes to often in his vids.  That, and it's basically impossible to have real QB success in what we are doing and have. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

totally agree.  the way they put this team together is mind boggling.  nothing fits together.

one thing fits into Frank's O.....Bryce Young.  The rest doesn't fit.  And they aren't altering things up enough given the talent we presently have.  I do fear it's just a matter of time before Bryce gets injured. 

You got an OL that can't protect that is asked to pass pro too much.  We have been painfully predictable.  Which just helps defenses attack you. You got WRs that can't get open.  You got absurd pressure coming at Young.   Eventually that ends poorly for Young. 

Yeah and it's painfully obvious that it isn't all personnel on that OL. Each player individually played better for the previous staff. They literally just look confused and not on the same page too much in the game. You see it with the TE's, the RB's....our pass protection is just not good. 

Ikey is an easy target but almost everyone has been having mental lapses and errors.

The WR's just seems like more taking these square pegs and hammering them into round holes. If you know you are struggling with separation, why are you running some of these plays? Why are we not trying everything possible to scheme people open instead of relying on our dudes to just line up ans beat the guy in front of them? Not saying we don't do that but we aren't exhausting all efforts to make this as easy as possible for what we have.

To me that is the biggest theme on offense so far this season. Mismatched parts and not trying to make it as simple as possible for the what we do have. Stop trying to pretend these are perfect parts.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and it's painfully obvious that it isn't all personnel on that OL. Each player individually played better for the previous staff. They literally just look confused and not on the same page too much in the game. You see it with the TE's, the RB's....our pass protection is just not good. 

previous staff asked them to run block most of the time.    and that's an easy life for a lineman. 

this staff is asking them to pass protect most of the time.  with opposing defenses trying to tee off on a young QB.....with WRs not being able to get open.   

and it still bothers me that never did simple things coming in like adding a legit RB for the type scheme we were going to be running.  I talked about it a lot this offseason.  Hubbard and Sanders were basically the same dude.  And it's not what this O was going to need often.  We were going to need that traditional 3rd down RB.  Who had hands, route running and most importantly could be relied on in pass pro. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

previous staff asked them to run block most of the time.    and that's an easy life for a lineman. 

this staff is asking them to pass protect most of the time.  with opposing defenses trying to tee off on a young QB.....with WRs not being able to get open.   

and it still bothers me that never did simple things coming in like adding a legit RB for the type scheme we were going to be running.  I talked about it a lot this offseason.  Hubbard and Sanders were basically the same dude.  And it's not what this O was going to need often.  We were going to need that traditional 3rd down RB.  Who had hands, route running and most importantly could be relied on in pass pro. 

Yeah these RB's are so bad in pass protection. 

IMO, Fitt has to be canned after this fiasco of an offseason. Not saying the staff doesn't deserve a lot of blame but you can't have this big of a disconnect between what you are trying to do on the field and how you are building the team.

And that is not even touching on his other insane blunders.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I have watched all his videos on Bryce this year and you very rarely, if ever, hear him really dog on Bryce about a throw or decision hes made that is really bad.

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I think Mingo is slowly coming along and if he can get a consistent 4 to 5 catches a game things will open up.

I think the issue with Mingo is that he seems to have a definite ceiling. Doesn't mean he can develop into a useful player but he isn't going to be a primary threat or anyone that a defense has to plan to stop.

We have to get some more effective weapons in the offseason.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the issue with Mingo is that he seems to have a definite ceiling. Doesn't mean he can develop into a useful player but he isn't going to be a primary threat or anyone that a defense has to plan to stop.

We have to get some more effective weapons in the offseason.

I see the opposite. He is physically gifted player who ran a backyard college offense. I feel his ceiling is not limited at all, its all about if he has it between the ears to figure out the NFL and the work ethic to go with it. 

48 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I see the opposite. He is physically gifted player who ran a backyard college offense. I feel his ceiling is not limited at all, its all about if he has it between the ears to figure out the NFL and the work ethic to go with it. 

Mingo couldn't get open in college playing that backyard offense that helps players get free. Yet another swing and a miss by Fitt, this time costing draft capital. 

• Beer 1