• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here are the potential dynamics of the draft decision and what they mean:

Tepper made or influenced the decision: Then what's the point of firing anybody if they were just doing what the owner wanted?

Fitterer made or influenced the decision: This is the one condition where it would make sense to fire Fitterer.

The decision was made collaboratively: Again, who do you fire when everybody came to the decision together? Everyone? And then let David Tepper rebuild the team from scratch? Oh hell, no.

Which of these is reality? No idea, but again that's why I would want to see somebody brought in to look over all of it.

My gut feeling is Tepper either said or implied he wanted Bryce and that influenced the decision making of everyone else.  Yes, everyone EVENTUALLY came to an agreement on drafting Young, but I doubt that agreement came purely organically from each individual below Tepper.

• Pie 1

This franchise is basically at the expansion franchise level with the only difference being the expansion team has draft picks and this one doesn't.  So in reality this franchise will be behind the progression of a brand new franchise. Carolina for the foreseeable future is going to have its worst stretch ever and worst in the nfl. This time next year  Young will already be benched and they'll  be looking to move on from him. It's the worst franchise in the NFL now. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't dismiss opinions if they're well thought out.

A lot of the people who would have been able to give well thought out opinions have left because the "everything sucks" people are running rampant and torpedo any intelligent discussion right off the bat.

You just can't recognize that your definition of "intelligent discussion" is "opinions that I agree with".

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

One huge strike against Frank is that he came in and said what every coach does, “we will tailor our system to our players”, and followed that with a system that doesn’t fit our o-line. That is his fault and nobody else’s. Being blindly married to a system is the sign of a limited coach unfortunately.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think it is time for Fitterer to get let go.  I feel bad to an extent because of a meddling owner.  That said, I think Morgan has the cajones to stand up to Tepper.  It's either gonna go one of two ways if Morgan is Fitterer's successor, either Dan will hold the GM title a very short time due to insubordination or Tepper will actually respect someone that pushes back on his BS.

Can you explain why you're so calm on Frank?

You wanted Wilks gone ASAP but yet you think a HC who has won 1 game needs more time. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Curious to why you seem stuck in the Frank bandwagon.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't dismiss opinions if they're well thought out.

A lot of the people who would have been able to give well thought out opinions have left because the "everything sucks" people are running rampant and torpedo any intelligent discussion right off the bat.

I posted a thread like week 3 requesting an informed write up from anyone here on what up and coming coordinators could be our HC next season since it was obvious Reich was gonna be one and done. I thought this would be right up your alley. Instead you laughed it off, insulted me and completely hijacked the thread. 

its possible you aren’t as smart about football as you think you are

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Tepper definitely wanted Young and at the very least him and Nicole had significant influence on that decision. I’m sure it’s true Reich and the coaches liked multiple prospects but all indications were they leaned Stroud prior to Teppers and the yes men push for Young.

Reap what you sow 

IMG_6762.png

Furthermore was it Tepper that nixed Carr?  I was well in the minority wanting a bridge QB and waiting to the 2024 draft for a QB.  I bet Tepper told Fitterer he had better get a QB this draft or else....that he was done with FA QBs.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I posted a thread like week 3 requesting an informed write up from anyone here on what up and coming coordinators could be our HC next season since it was obvious Reich was gonna be one and done. I thought this would be right up your alley. Instead you laughed it off, insulted me and completely hijacked the thread. 

its possible you aren’t as smart about football as you think you are

No you didn't.

Everyone knew what you were doing there, same as your usual MO.

You're a troll.

29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Tool the oline to its strengths and not Bryce's and the offense gets better. That might be at Bryces expense if he can't adapt but honestly I would take that and not look back. Go back to a power run game and see if they can coach Bryce up. It's basically what you saw from Wilks last year and likely whoever they brought in to replace this coaching crew unless it's more of the same.

I don't think there is enough skill, time or resources to build around Bryce with his needs. Just take what you have and try to salvage the rest. They have been operating on the inverse of that and it's 100% failure and it was all avoidable in the firdt place.

I'd be in favor of this but we've got a glaring problem at left guard.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here are the potential dynamics of the draft decision and what they mean:

Tepper made or influenced the decision: Then what's the point of firing anybody if they were just doing what the owner wanted?

Fitterer made or influenced the decision: This is the one condition where it would make sense to fire Fitterer.

The decision was made collaboratively: Again, who do you fire when everybody came to the decision together? Everyone? And then let David Tepper rebuild the team from scratch? Oh hell, no.

Which of these is reality? No idea, but again that's why I would want to see somebody brought in to look over all of it.

I definitely think Tepper influenced the decision.

I mean this with all due respect to women but it’s quite obvious when they are happy and when they are upset. Nicole Tepper’s vibe and personality was different around Young.

Now, I’m not saying Nicole had a say in the choice because if she did it was minimal. But I will say that David Tepper most likely wanted Young which in turn caused Nicole to want Young. Nicole just acted different around Bryce than she did C.J., so at the very least that leads me to believe that the Tepper’s as a whole wanted Young.

I do think Reich and McCown wanted Young.

Now we get to Fitterer, did Fitterer want Young or Stroud… If he wanted Young whether on his own accord or because he was being a yes man, the result will be the same, he’ll be fired. If he wanted Stroud then I don’t think anyone we’ll get fired which leads me to my next point.

Will this be the eye opening experience that causes David Tepper to realize that he doesn’t need to be involved in football personnel decisions or will he just try to fix it by spending more money on different coaches and general managers.

I truly don’t think this organization will sniff success until the Tepper’s are hands off.

If he wants to see how a proper billionaire runs his team he can travel on up to Raleigh and meet with Tom Dundon.