• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School Bryce Young vs Colts

*FreeFua*

4 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

I've watched every game and all I've seen is Young having no time to throw or when he does, the WR's are slow as poo and not open. He has thrown like 2 deep balls that were overthrown. But if his arm was so bad, why were they overthrown?

Surprised Meme GIF

And that's exactly why I haven't judged him harshly. We gotta fix the O-line point blank, and get a route runner and a speed demon.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

I've watched every game and all I've seen is Young having no time to throw or when he does, the WR's are slow as poo and not open. He has thrown like 2 deep balls that were overthrown. But if his arm was so bad, why were they overthrown?

Surprised Meme GIF

I have no idea what you’re watching, but I haven’t seen anything that wasn’t a drag route or hitch route overthrown. 

Half the time when he “doesn’t have time to throw” it’s a screen and it’s designed that way. We run about 15 of those per game. 

I’m not saying the WR don’t need improvement, but he can’t get the ball downfield with zip. Now whether that’s because he has a weak arm or throws from his tip toes or while he jumps in the air is a different story.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I have no idea what you’re watching, but I haven’t seen anything that wasn’t a drag route or hitch route overthrown. 

Half the time when he “doesn’t have time to throw” it’s a screen and it’s designed that way. We run about 15 of those per game. 

I’m not saying the WR don’t need improvement, but he can’t get the ball downfield with zip. Now whether that’s because he has a weak arm or throws from his tip toes or while he jumps in the air is a different story.

When he's got 3 defensive linemen in the backfield with him, you can't expect him to throw bombs off his backfoot like Cam.  Bryce has to step into his throws which he has no time to do. 

Edited by Cam Lawter

Everything about our team is dysfunctional from Tepper down.  I understand everyone's anger but I find myself not even getting upset when they lose now.  But looking for answers about our dismal offense, I found this article.  Seems to me that Thomas Brown was the key creator of the playbook, then blended it with the others including Frank.  So who takes the fall? 

Brown said. "So building a brand-new offense from ground zero essentially based on what we've done before, both myself in my previous experiences from the Rams, but also in college as well. Then kind of blending together with what Frank has done, and guys in the room as well.""

https://www.panthers.com/news/thomas-brown-dives-into-the-work-behind-creating-all-new-playbook

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

This was always my biggest concern with him. His anticipation is top notch but you need adequate arm strength too. It’s why I was really hoping I’d see him show up looking like he added some muscle during the offseason. Anything to help generate some zip. 

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Young can throw deep. That's never been a concern. I could throw up plenty of clips from his collegiate film showing said deep ball.

The reason he's not throwing deep now is because 1.) his receivers are inconsistent and unpredictable 2.) they're slow and can't separate reliably where Young can trust them and 3.) Young's got barely any time to even be able to hit deep balls if he could.

You're an idiot. Don't you know footballs are heavier in the NFL and it takes a cyborg arm to throw past 10 yards? I thought everyone knew this. It's common knowledge, like how REAL franchise QBs like our lord and savior C.J. Stroud can block for themselves, too.

Duh.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Clip 1 is why I don't watch his stuff anymore.

He's determined to die on that Bryce Young hill.

"They're all stop routes" - except Mingo is running an out. I'd want the ball to go to him, only Young knows that he doesn't have the arm to make that throw in the NFL... which is a big part of the problem. 

He corrected himself on that, multiple times. Funnily enough Bryce made that exact throw, to the far hash to Mingo against Miami. You wanna make everything about Bryce when there is a 40 minute breakdown of how absolutely dog poo our offensive scheme is. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, thebdawg said:

He corrected himself on that, multiple times. Funnily enough Bryce made that exact throw, to the far hash to Mingo against Miami. You wanna make everything about Bryce when there is a 40 minute breakdown of how absolutely dog poo our offensive scheme is. 

No I don't, I want Fitterer and Reich fired yesterday - the team is talent poor (Fitterer) and the players aren't being put in positions to succeed (Reich).

Despite that I can also see that the 5'10", 185lb QB with questionable arm strength that we gave up FIVE premium picks for isn't good enough. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Every deep shot he’s taken this year has been an overthrow aside from 1 to chark who had no separation. We also haven’t been running many screens since the minnesota game. I think you are the one that’s not watching buddy. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Mingo runs a 4.46. Chark runs a 4.36. Marshall runs a 4.38 (admittedly at his Pro Day, so let's say he runs a 4.4).

Ironically our slowest WR is the one that's open the most. 

40 times are just that. 40 times.  Guys study and practice how to run for an ideal time. 

a good 40 times doesn’t actually mean you have good football speed.  Or can get open in the NFL. 

Just now, CRA said:

40 times are just that. 40 times.  Guys study and practice how to run for an ideal time. 

a good 40 times doesn’t actually mean you have good football speed.  Or can get open in the NFL. 

They're objectively not slow by the only metric NFL scouts care about. 

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Every deep shot he’s taken this year has been an overthrow aside from 1 to chark who had no separation. We also haven’t been running many screens since the minnesota game. I think you are the one that’s not watching buddy. 

Yeah not really. I haven’t seen any overthrow past 15-20 yards. 

He’s really airing it out there 

IMG_1661.jpeg

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

No I don't, I want Fitterer and Reich fired yesterday - the team is talent poor (Fitterer) and the players aren't being put in positions to succeed (Reich).

Despite that I can also see that the 5'10", 185lb QB with questionable arm strength that we gave up FIVE premium picks for isn't good enough. 

Oh I want Fitterer and Reich fired yesterday too. But if you keep watching that video you wont know whether to laugh or cry at the play design. It is the worst I have ever seen. We are constantly running “all stop” plays. 4-5 hitches on the field against man coverage. These are the plays you would see in madden and think “why would anyone ever run that?” 

Bryce was awful but that was the worst offensive game plan I have ever seen. Not only is our offensive line playing terrible but our receivers are incredibly slow route runners and simply can not win against man. Add onto that we are running an offense from the late 90’s and it’s not hard to see why Bryce is struggling.

• Pie 2